ITMv1 Inconsistencies

Guest JeremyAgost

Guest JeremyAgost

Can anyone clarify why one of the options for the "Timing Mode" in the feature block of ITMv1 is 4096 when the value is supposedly a char?

Also, is it correct that the offsets in the main header are double words while the feature block offset in the extended header is just a word?

while there are occasionally inconsistencies that crop up or issues that arise from patching based on the ISEDP info, there have been plenty of patching with regards to item effects etc that make extensive use of the effects offset values. I'd hazard to guess that they are indeed correct.

as far as the 4096 thing I haven't a clue

I believe the difference comes from the v1 and v2 formats. On disk, you wouldn't ever have a value of 4096, but the engine uses it on saved effects (in memory and in saved games). In v2 structures, these are greatly expanded (both fields are double words). (It's also possible that these are a single word that we break into bytes for convenience, but I don't remember.)

There aren't offsets in the ability; it stores the index of the first effect (the resource has a single effects list) for that ability. It is a word.

Archived