Branwen romance bug?

Dramatiari

Hello everyone. I am a huge fan of BG, been playing it for the longest time. I have actually lost count on what playthrough this is, heh heh, but I know it is my first with the BG1NPC mod. I'd like to start off by saying it is amazing! The characters are written quite well, especially Imoen! She is my favorite. I recall laughing hysterically when her and my PC were talking about how bad her cooking was... good times! I'd like to give a tremendous thank you to all the authors and people who worked on the project. What a truly amazing job you have done.

Spoilers as follow....

Now, for my question. My (charming and good) human sorcerer has set his eyes, and his heart, apparently, on the beautiful battlepriestess of Tempus, Branwen. The romance has been excellent thus far, but I seem to have run into a bit of a dead end, or so I think. I recall her talking of having to take some time to think to herself after being around my PC for so long. She fears she is losing her faith and is becoming too attached to him. I remember asking if there is not room for both her faith, and his love in her heart (which I believe to be the last dialogue she talked to me in), to which she replied she needs some time alone. From that moment forth, she has not talked to me in a banter, and when I manually try to talk to her, she says she will not rethink her decision to be alone. All I can say back is "I see." I have gone a LONG time (more than a few hours, and I have the lovetalks set at 45 min intervals) without anything happening, and I am quite worried that the romance has stopped, I said the wrong thing to her, etc., and would really appreciate a subtle hint as to what to do. I still think that I just have to wait more, but I am nearing the end of the game. Obviously, I would very much like to see how the romance plays out, as I certainly do not get a 'completed' feeling as to what has happened so far and would like to see Tyler and Branwen together happily. (At least until SoA where Branwen disappears mysteriously and irrevocably :p)

I must note that I lack proficiency in editing the game coding and such (evident in that I don't even know if it's called coding) Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks for the reply, mate. Yes, I have checked the guide. It says the next love talk is supposed to happen soon (and like the previous one too, while we are walking around and such), but when I check Shadowkeeper, the timer is not progressing. Setting the value to 1 does not trigger the convo either. By forcing the love talk to the next value (40, if I recall correctly), Branwen talks about how she thinks it is just best to not be romantically involved with my PC at all, which is quite unfortunate. I believe that will be the ending to the Branwen romance, as she once again says the "i want to be alone, and you can't change my mind" dialogue when I talk to her. So, I just used my old save where she is still thinking about whether to end it or not. A very unfortunate end to an otherwise good romance. At least it plays well with the roleplaying aspect - Branwen's lack of love forces Tyler to find solace and comfort with Jaheira, as she does with him after Khalid's loss. Bad for me wanting it to end happily, but good for Tyler, eh? Oh well, maybe I'll find something during their travels to the Undercity and such, as there are a few interjections left.

Archived