Glory of Istar on GemRB

Ishad Nha

Now I know what the problem is, I can see if it was one-off or whether it is caused by something systematic.

That problem fixed for the time being. Next problem, can't pick up items! Get this message:

[GameScript]: Invalid scripting action: usecontainer()

[GameScript]: NULL action encountered for alivad!

I will try a new game and see if the problem goes away.

A lot of the problems could be coming from the total conversion nature of the Glory of Istar.

Edit:

My copy of the game lacks action 112 UseContainer(). Glory of Istar compensates for this when played on BG2 but not when played on GemRB.

I used Near Infinity to check the actions in Action.ids, I did not see a 112 anywhere. To be sure I copied it and pasted it into a Word document. I then used the Replace function to change all white spaces into tab stops, this meant that numbers and names would occupy different columns in an Excel spreadsheet. After that I pasted it into a spreadsheet and used the Sort function. I still did not see a 112 anywhere.

If you replaced it, you obviously did not need it because Glory of Istar plays properly on BG2.

Now I will add a "112 UseContainer()" to the Action.ids file and see what happens. It seemed to do the trick, hooray.

To fix it on gemrb's side (permanent fix), one can add 112 UseContainer() to gemact.ids

Please note, this is the same as hardcoding 112 to UseContainer in the original exe.

UseContainer is needed by gemrb, so I guess we should guard it :)

As a stopgap I have combined the contents of the Action.ids for the BG2 and GoI games.

Slit Finger is appearing in her Brushome DL0100 location and starting a cut-scene that never ends. Thankfully the L key loads the Quick Save and I can then escape the cut-scene. But then the cursor is impossible to use. GemRB command prompt shows this:

[ResourceManager]: Searching for chft2.2da...[ERROR]

[ResourceManager]: Searching for wqNSSca.bam...[ERROR]

Now, where is Merevick?

Some of those loading texts are funny: "!", "Dire Charm"…

Cut-scene problem solved by this alteration to DLAJKNA2.BCS:

Deleted:

CreateVisualEffectObject("SHWATER","DLAJSLI2")

CreateVisualEffectObject("SHWATER","DLAJSLI3")

CreateVisualEffectObject("SHWATER","DLAJSLI4")

(I could not find the Shwater file.)

Altered:

DestroySelf()

to ActionOverride("DLAJSLIT",DestroySelf())

Slit Finger is not disappearing from the Brushome market, she remains but can't talk.

Inventory screen does not update the encumbrance/weight allowance in the usual manner. Some times it only updates when you take items off the ground. Some times dropping an item increases the encumbrance.

GoI is basically functional, it just has minor glitches as I have outlined above.

Fighter's Guild: Crash to Desktop when you hand over the invitation and go upstairs to level DL0120!

Preferences are not being saved, it reverts to default settings.

Cleric has access to spells of levels 2 and 3, not normal for a level 1 character.

Derrivick quest is stopped by a faulty set global. In Dlajhara.dlg we find Action 2 and Action 3:

EscapeArea()

SetGlobal("AJDE","GLOBAL",5)

Problem went away when the EscapeArea() bit was dropped. It was moved to the bcs character files. Does escapearea() trump everything else?

Derrivick's dialog features a stray string 64979: "Begone, commoner, I have my own business to attend to." Apart from that, quest seems to have been patched properly.

At some point I will upload my patch files to this topic.

I first tried:

SetGlobal("AJDE","GLOBAL",5)

EscapeArea()

but it did not work.

Here all you need to do is move the EscapeArea() to the character script.

Next problem, entering DL0120, the upper level of the Fighters' Guild, causes a crash to desktop. This closes the GemRB command prompt, which stops me seeing what happened. I think I saw "corrupted item cache" or something.

Slit Finger cut-scene problem solved by alteration to DLAJKNA2.BCS.

I tried to compile with CreateVisualEffectObject:

CreateVisualEffectObject("SHWATER.BAM","DLAJSLI2")

But I got this error:

Resource not found: S:DialogFile* - "SHWATER"

Then I changed the function and this worked:

CreateCreature("DLAJSLI2",[4500.3580],0) // Slit Neck

CreateVisualEffect("SHWATER.BAM",[4500.3580])

Ditto for the other two female thieves.

I put the Shwater.bam file into the Override but that was not necessary.

Slit Finger is not disappearing from the Brushome market. Entire abduction plot happened a second time.

Maybe remove her from the list of the 93 actors and make her summoned only by a town script. Unless there is a way to kill her without generating text in the window. Her death variable being set in DL0110 does not stop her being spawned in DL0100.

Uninstalling GoI:

Contents of Override folder not restored, no big deal. I just move the contents of the Override\Override sub-folder to the main Override folder.

ToB save games are no longer recognized as being ToB!

Archived