Stalled cutscene upon returning to Abazigal's

After killing the two black dragons outside Abazigal's Lair, the game autosaves and the menu disappears as in a cutscene and then.... nothing. The game is not paused and my buffs slowly run out, but I have no way to interact with anything as the menu and cursor are gone.

Any suggestions on what the issue could be? I'm unable to continue the game because of this bug.

I followed the suggested installation below, with the addition of the Edwin romance, Jog's Wild Mage and a couple minor mods which do not affect ToB to the best of my knowledge. I'd be glad to provide some sort of debug or installation log if there is a way to do that.

• Install Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II and optionally the expansions. Patch both of with the latest official patches (mandatory!), which are v26498 for BG2+ToB and 1.3.5512 for BG1+TotSC. If you have the GOG.com versions, no patching is necessary.
  • Ascension/WeiDU (Optional) — David Gaider's attept at fixing the Throne of Bhaal ending. Makes it significantly harder as well.
  • G3 BG2 Fixpack — The quintessential unofficial patch for BG2. Install it.
  • BGT-WeiDU — This is the thing. Note that BGT-WeiDU contains an integrated version of Kevin Dorner's (Baldurdash) BG1 fixpack, so you must not install it yourself.
  • BG1 Unfinished business (Optional) — Restores cut content. It varies in quality and it's hard to say if everything they restored should be restored, but many people seem to like it.
  • BG2 Unfinished Business (Optional) — Same as above, but for BG2.
  • BG1 NPC Project (Optional) — Gives some banters to the party members in BG1. Has some (cringeworthy) romances as well, but thankfully they are optional. Not for purists.
  • Sword Coast Stratagems & Sword Coast Stratagems II (Optional) — Think the game is too easy? SCS1&2 is a highly modular collection of enemy AI enhancements and other tweaks for both BG1 and BG2. I tend to only use the AI enhancements (with no pre-buffing), but if that's not enough for you, you can select the components that give enemies pre-casted buffs or new abilities as well. Warning: It really makes the game harder, so you might not want to use this on your first playthrough.
  • BG2 Tweak Pack (Optional) — Bigger arrow stacks and other convenience tweaks. Pick and choose what you want.
  • Level 1 NPCs (Optional) — Allows you to change your party members' classes, stats or profiencies. Useful if you think that Khalid should've been a Fighter/Mage or that Jaheira's starting profiencies suck.
  • BG1 Level Cap Reinstator (Optional) — If you do a "full" playthrough without this mod, you'll start with 250-300k XP in BG2, which, in my opinion, is far too much. This mod restores the 161,000 XP cap for the BG1+TotSC portion of the game.
  • Restored Textscreen Music — Restores the background music for the chapter cutscenes in BG1. Note that you also need to copy the correct language pack in addition to the core installation package.
  • Widescreen mod — Play in a resolution higher than 800x600. See this topic if you think the font is too small.
  • Run Setup-BGTMusic.exe in your Baldur's Gate 2 directory and select "Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music".

Thanks for your time.

Hmm, where is the dragon supposed to be killed, and should I have an npc standing in a particular spot? Should I kill them in the same spot where they first spawn? The 2 black dragons tend to move about a fair bit if the melee fighters are knocked back by breath attacks. A screenshot would be helpful. Thanks for the suggestion though, gives me hope I can actually finish this playthrough!

Hmm, where is the dragon supposed to be killed, and should I have an npc standing in a particular spot? Should I kill them in the same spot where they first spawn? The 2 black dragons tend to move about a fair bit if the melee fighters are knocked back by breath attacks. A screenshot would be helpful. Thanks for the suggestion though, gives me hope I can actually finish this playthrough!

Closer to the center of the map (entrance to Abazigal's domain) should work fine...

I should say that I haven't been able to reproduce this, which is why there's no fix in v21 (though I think I generally tried to make the scripting more robust). If someone can give me detailed instructions on how to reliably reproduce the bug, I'd be grateful.

Kill all the dragons before the next one spawns away enough from the next one's spawn spot (like at the edge of a map). You will be eternally waiting for the next dragon to initiate dialogue with you, which never happens.

That's what I tried, and I wasn't able to get this to happen.

What I'm after is something a bit more detailed, e.g., meet black dragons, move all party to coordinates X.Y, wait for black dragons to catch up, CTRL-Y dragons, cutscene hangs.

Archived