Ogre in Illithid compound in the Underdark doesn't come

daerragh

"What exactly is a gemrb specific problem here? It would be cool to have a bug more described and reproducible"

People don't appear when they are supposed to, people summoned by scripts. Gaelan Boyle when you have the 15,000 for instance. This is a rare error.

"Use ctrl-x shows area/location."

You need to remind people that output will be on the command line, not the screen as per BG2.

"Use ... the same savegame in the original game to confirm the bug is gemrb specific."

That normally leads to a freeze of the original game. In the original game I used the console with a new BG2 party to test the Illithid City. After a fair bit of pacing around the cell the ogre does come. It takes a minute or two of real time.

"The ogre doesn't come"

That is the problem, once he comes things work normally.

"also 3 of my 6 people remains unconscious."

That went away eventually. You will need to select the entire party and walk them somewhere, in order to get them up and about.

No, they don't wake up even after 24 hours resting. And of course i tried to walk them.

By the way, if you kill the elder brain, you get the blood automatically.

At least in my version.

IF
 Dead("udmaster")  // ~The Master Brain~
 Global("openTheDoor","AR2400",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   AddXPObject(Player1,40000)
   AddXPObject(Player2,40000)
   AddXPObject(Player3,40000)
   AddXPObject(Player4,40000)
   AddXPObject(Player5,40000)
   AddXPObject(Player6,40000)
   EraseJournalEntry(54410)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!I have stumbled upon a Mind Flayer enclave, and I am in serious trouble. I am to fight in their pit, presumably for their amusement. I do not know if it is possible to escape from the center of a Mind Flayer stronghold. They will be at their most powerful here.~
   EraseJournalEntry(54413)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!It would appear that I am not the only one that has been captured and forced to fight. There is a group of Githyanki here, and they harbor even more hatred for the 'illithid' than I do. Perhaps they will be of help, if they survive their battle.~
   EraseJournalEntry(57859)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!It would appear that I am not the only one that has been captured and forced to fight. There is a group of Githyanki here as well, the same group that attacked Saemon Havarian's ship. I hope they prove friendlier now that we are in the same predicament. Their hatred of illithids may make them willing to help us both escape.~
   EraseJournalEntry(57860)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!The Githyanki leader, Simyaz, has proposed a plan.  His men will use their abilities to try and block the mental energy of the Mind Flayers in the arena. If they can be disrupted, I will be able to open the arena door and escape into the illithid city proper. From there, I'm not sure. I don't know if I can trust Simyaz, but I have little choice.~
   EraseJournalEntry(57863)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!I could trust the Githyanki, but only to a point. Simyaz and his group are leaving me to fend for myself, and I will have to find my own means of escape. Lacking the teleportation abilities of the Githyanki I could not follow when they left, and must now face the wrath of the illithid city on my own.~
   EraseJournalEntry(57864)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!I could trust the Githyanki, but only to a point. Simyaz and his group are leaving me to fend for myself, and I will have to find my own means of escape. They left after again chastising me for the theft of their Silver Sword, the weapon I got from Saemon Havarian. Lacking the teleportational abilities of the Githyanki I could not follow when they left, and must now face the wrath of the illithid city on my own.~
   EraseJournalEntry(57894)  // ~Captured by Mind Flayers!I have slain the Githyanki prisoners.  Now I can focus my attention on escaping this foul prison.  I need to find some way to force open the door out of the arena.~
   GiveItemCreate("MISCBV",Player1,0,0,0)  // ~Elder Brain Blood~
   DisplayStringHead(Player1,58111)  // ~You have killed the master illithid brain.  You feel a psychic backlash, a sharp pain that jabs into your mind like a knife.  Your vision goes white, then slowly returns to normal.  You are certain that all of the doors controlled by the brain are now open.~
   Unlock("Door08")
   OpenDoor("Door08")
   SetGlobal("openTheDoor","AR2400",1)
END

There are 3-4 bugs just when you enter the illithid area.

The ogre doesn't come because it becomes idle (its script won't run).

If i teleport a pc near it then teleport it back to the cell, it works.

So, one of the problems is about the idling rules.

I also noticed that sometimes the ambush cutscene doesn't teleport all of my PC's in the cell.

Also, i see the psionic drain targeting the same PC twice (these actors stay unconscious too), even though the casting target is correct.

There is a random encounter trigger which can be triggered the same time as the ambush cutscene. This may affect the original game too?

Sorry I didn't make any reply recently. I'm about to test all your solutions in a few moments.

Can I use these codes in console (as cheatcodes) to open the door etc?:

GiveItemCreate("MISCBV",Player1,0,0,0) // ~Elder Brain Blood~
DisplayStringHead(Player1,58111) // ~You have killed the master illithid brain. You feel a psychic backlash, a sharp pain that jabs into your mind like a knife. Your vision goes white, then slowly returns to normal. You are certain that all of the doors controlled by the brain are now open.~
Unlock("Door08")
OpenDoor("Door08")
SetGlobal("openTheDoor","AR2400",1))

my previous bugs fixed:

1. I fixed the ogre in a recent commit for sure.

2. not sure if i fixed this, but likely.

3. this is not a bug, actually spin802 is applied in two places. 3 of my actors were immune to the 'unconscious' text due to being elf and fixpack messing with spin802.

4. didn't fix this yet.

Bonus fix:

5. fixed the knock spell to target doors correctly.

More bugs:

1. elder brain drops some items in inaccessible place.

2. illithid serum has 0 count (still usable).

Archived