A little doubt about Dynaheir's Journal Quest

txmbalboa

Hi, since this is my first post on this forum and my native language's not english, please go easy on me.

So I'm playing BG1 (through BGT) and just rescued Dynaheir, triggering her journal quest. Upon leaving the gnoll stronghold to the north, I run across Drizzt, who volunteers himself to help finding the item. In the dialogue, I chose the option to meet him in the same place after a day of searching. So far so good, the good gnolls spawn, I take my time exploring the area so time passes, so I eventually leave the place. As soon as I return to the place, I meet Drizzt, as expected, and he hands over the journal and leaves. I check my journal for new entries and Dynaheir's quest is shown as done. Now according to this unanswered thread, Dynaheir is supposed to initiate a dialogue right after the journal is retrieved, but she doesn't do so, leaving me doubting if either I'm missing out on some good content/ future event, or if the information on the aforementioned thread is accurate. Any help in ellucidating such question would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Archived