does the wsm need bg2 installed

whiterhino

If not, what version of totsc will I need/

So far I have installed the nvidai fix for the black boxes around certain things. Thats been fixed. Birds still fly backwards though, any ideas?

My main problem is being unable to install the wide screen mod.

WeiDU v 22900 Log

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe

[./Chitin.key] loaded, 238496 bytes

[./Chitin.key] 159 BIFFs, 16694 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3407220 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 24124 string entries

[./Baldur.ini] loaded, 1428 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\Disc 2\CD2]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\CD3]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (4)\CD4]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (5)\CD5]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (6)\cd6]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4258 bytes

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Choose your language:

0 [English]

1 [Francais (Isaya & Lothringen)]

2 [spanish (ghildrean & Ancalagon el Negro)]

3 [Russian by Prowler & Njkzy (arcanecoast.ru)]

4 [italiano]

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 31 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:

1] for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)

2] for GemRB

Uninstalling All Other Subcomponents of [Widescreen Mod]

Done Uninstalling All Other Subcomponents of [Widescreen Mod]

Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)] [Widescreen Mod v3.02]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (6)\cd6/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (5)\CD5/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (4)\CD4/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\CD3/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\Disc 2\CD2/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\CD1\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/AREAS.BIF]

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/AREAS.BIF] 2325252 bytes, 456 files, 0 tilesets

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (6)\cd6/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (5)\CD5/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (4)\CD4/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\CD3/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Users\dan\Desktop\Disc 2\CD2/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [G:\CD1\/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF] 308952 bytes, 47 files, 0 tilesets

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

User answer: "1024"

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

User answer: "768"

If you have games saved at another resolution and don't update them,

they will be unusable. If you update them, all visited areas will be marked

as not explored.

Do you want to update your save games? Y/N

User answer: "y"

Do you want to enable support for multiple resolutions? Y/N

User answer: "n"

Game resolution: 1024 x 768; save resolution: 1024 x 768; updating saves: y

Are you sure? Y/N

User answer: "y"

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[baldur.ini] loaded, 1428 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bgmain2.exe] loaded, 5046319 bytes

You need to install the latest patch (which would be Trials of the Luremaster if you're on Heart of Winter) and make sure you aren't installing the mod twice (which includes attempting to install it on EasyTutu or a cloned install when it is already installed on your main install).

Posts reporting this problem WILL BE IGNORED unless you can prove you're under exceptional circumstances.

FAILURE:

EXE PATCHING FAILED.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE PATCHING FAILED."))

ERROR Installing [for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0")

Unable to Unlink [widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "widescreen/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")

ERROR: Failure("EXE PATCHING FAILED.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://bit.ly/hf2XsG

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 31 translation strings

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:

1] for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)

2] for GemRB

Any ideas why?

Nope... but the problem you have is this:

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe

Any ideas why?

You need to do the common Windows avoidance thing... which means that you need to reinstall the game to a different folder... to C:\Games\Baldur's Gate\ for example. And you have to make a full install there, in the original game this meant that the custom install the BG1 game, you need to select all the boxes the custom install has, and when it warns you about the disk might not having enough space, you need to push the "Ignore" button.

There's no BG2 patch for BG1... read the above link and you can avoid this error. The latest official version of the game is v1.3.5512... having the v5512 patch installed in it.

PS: the game folder's baldur.ini should not have this:

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\

CD1:=G:\CD1\

CD2:=C:\Users\dan\Desktop\Disk 2\CD2

CD3:=C:\Users\dan\Desktop\CD 3\

CD4:=C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (4)\CD4

CD5:=C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (5)\CD5

CD6:=C:\Users\dan\Desktop\New Folder (6)\cd6

But this instead:
[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\

CD1:=H:\CD1\

CD2:=H:\CD2\

CD3:=H:\CD3\

CD4:=H:\CD4\

CD5:=H:\CD5\

CD6:=H:\CD6\

I fixed the birds flying backwards. It was me disabling visual composition on the exe.

I thought 'full install' meant taking the data off the disks and having it load from the harddrive, thats why I set the file path to C: although i forgot to do that for disc 1 making it all useless? Thats not the same as me reinstalling baldurs gate from the disk and doing a full install?

Also the game is really a chore to uninstall and install because it can only be done through safemode on my windows vista hph60 "notebook" pc. Running the setup.exe off disc 1 makes my laptop start humming but doesn't actually execute the file,even with UAC disabled and running in xp service pack 2 compatibility mode.

I'll try to do the 'full install' option and install somewhwere thats not to program files. Does it have to be just to C\games\ though?

Lastly if that step does not help me, how do I know what version of bg and toftsc I have and whether or not I need patching?

I really want to play widescreen on the bg1 engine, but if I must ill use BGT or easyTUTU or whatever is best to get my wide screen fix. What I am worried about is that the v5512 patch won't let me play online multiplayer anymore with my friend who I am co-oping this great game with.

Also the game is really a chore to uninstall and install because it can only be done through safemode on my windows vista hph60 "notebook" pc. Running the setup.exe off disc 1 makes my laptop start humming but doesn't actually execute the file,even with UAC disabled and running in xp service pack 2 compatibility mode.
Erhm, just uninstall program by running the Control Panel, as there's the Programs tab that has the uninstall of most programs, including the BG1 etc games. You then just need to also remove the game folder after that... this is also done to keep the compilation clear of modified files that might cheese the reinstall.

Does it have to be just to C:\Games\Baldur's Gate\ though?
Nope, just as long as it's not a Operation System protected folders... which for example the desktop folders might be. But you can use your own languages "games" translation for it for example.

Lastly if that step does not help me, how do I know what version of bg and toftsc I have and whether or not I need patching?
Well, if you start the game and for example load a savegame, then go to the options menu, it will tell you the exact version the game is.

There's also the official beta patch (v1.3.)5521 that sometimes fixed the multiplayer game in BG1+TotSC, and it's integrated to some of the later compilations of the game... it doesn't need the patch and the Widescreen mod is compatible with that too.

Erhm, just uninstall program by running the Control Panel, as there's the Programs tab that has the uninstall of most programs, including the BG1 etc games. You then just need to also remove the game folder after that... this is also done to keep the compilation clear of modified files that might cheese the reinstall.

Does it have to be just to C:\Games\Baldur's Gate\ though?
Nope, just as long as it's not a Operation System protected folders... which for example the desktop folders might be. But you can use your own languages "games" translation for it for example.

Well, if you start the game and for example load a savegame, then go to the options menu, it will tell you the exact version the game is.

There's also the official beta patch (v1.3.)5521 that sometimes fixed the multiplayer game in BG1+TotSC, and it's integrated to some of the later compilations of the game... it doesn't need the patch and the Widescreen mod is compatible with that too.

I have version 1.3.5508 6 disc version. Should I download this 5521 patch after I do a full install of the game?

Where can I Download a patch that will work with my 6 cd version of bg+tales that will work with the wide screen mod?

Archived