IWD Fixpack v5 bugs

Nevill

Hello.

I would like to report some of the bugs that are still present as of v5 of this mod.

spwi104 (charm) is prohibited to Invokers instead of Necromancers

sppr301 (animate dead) is not restricted to non-good clerics only

spin108 (charm animal) works on everything instead of just animals, some strings are doubled (the text might say that the monster have resisted the spell when it is not the case, it might display several 'Save vs.' messages etc)

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)Global("Apsel_Quest", "GLOBAL", 0)Global("Chaotic_Apsel_1", "GLOBAL", 1)Global("Know_Balance", "GLOBAL", 0)~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from:

SAY #463 /* ~You again. Look, I'm begging you... help me get rid of this wolf? Please? The creature is in there right now, ravaging my workshop as we speak.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #474 /* ~What is it exactly that you want me to do?~ */ GOTO 2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #470 /* ~Sorry, but I'm rather busy right now. Farewell.~ */ EXIT

END

In the quoted state of DAPSEL.DLG GOTO 2 should be replaced by GOTO 4.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from: 9.4 8.1 5.0 1.1 0.2

SAY #8015 /* ~You have tested my patience since the moment you stepped foot in my home. I suggest that you leave now before I demonstrate some of my recent endeavors for you.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8016 /* ~Please demonstrate, if you don't mind.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()Attack(Protagonist)~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8017 /* ~What if I want to stay and make myself at home?~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()Attack(Protagonist)~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8018 /* ~Okay, okay! I'll get out of your hair.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()~ EXIT

END

In the quoted state of DBANDOTH.DLG the last option was supposed to help you avoid combat, but it happens anyway since 'Enemy()' is present.

Thanks, I'll take a look. For these in particular:

Argh. That's correct w/o HoW, but with HoW they changed the opposition schools so it does need to be changed there.

Animate Dead has never had alignment-based restrictions on it in any IE game, and there's really nothing to suggest it should.

Some possible bugs:

1. When you go to the cave near Easthaven, to find out what happened to the caravan, you can return to Hrothgar too early to tell that the supplies are in the cave and that (like your character reports) "you made the orcs pay for their crimes". You can return to Hrothgar right after seeing the orc go in the cave, or after entering the cave. At this point you have not yet seen the supplies in the cave, and almost all of the orcs and ogres are still alive.

2. Typo/Grammar error: When you speak with the sea spirit in Easthaven with a bard, you get experience and a message: "You communicated with the sea spirit through song". This should be "You communicated with the sea spirit through a song" or perhaps ""You communicated with the sea spirit through songs", although I believe the first one to more accurate.

3. Another sea spirit bug: When you complete the quest and tell the spirit that you gave the sword to Jhelonen, and just before the spirit disappears you can initiate dialog again with her. In that case, the dialogue is like you hadn't completed the quest yet, and you answer that you have not yet given the sword to Jhelonen.

4. Jhelonen is simply called Townsperson on world. It would be more consistent with the rest of the game to call him Jhelonen.

What do you think about these?

Some possible bugs:

1. When you go to the cave near Easthaven, to find out what happened to the caravan, you can return to Hrothgar too early to tell that the supplies are in the cave and that (like your character reports) "you made the orcs pay for their crimes". You can return to Hrothgar right after seeing the orc go in the cave, or after entering the cave. At this point you have not yet seen the supplies in the cave, and almost all of the orcs and ogres are still alive.

I believe there is wagon outside the cave with old boxes and what not half covered with snow if I am correct

2. Typo/Grammar error: When you speak with the sea spirit in Easthaven with a bard, you get experience and a message: "You communicated with the sea spirit through song". This should be "You communicated with the sea spirit through a song" or perhaps ""You communicated with the sea spirit through songs", although I believe the first one to more accurate.

Besides the minor grammer mistakes, there are many other absurd communications in the game

3. Another sea spirit bug: When you complete the quest and tell the spirit that you gave the sword to Jhelonen, and just before the spirit disappears you can initiate dialog again with her. In that case, the dialogue is like you hadn't completed the quest yet, and you answer that you have not yet given the sword to Jhelonen.

4. Jhelonen is simply called Townsperson on world. It would be more consistent with the rest of the game to call him Jhelonen.

What do you think about these?

spin108 (charm animal) works on everything instead of just animals, some strings are doubled (the text might say that the monster have resisted the spell when it is not the case, it might display several 'Save vs.' messages etc)

Fixed.

AFAICT, intentional.

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)Global("Apsel_Quest", "GLOBAL", 0)Global("Chaotic_Apsel_1", "GLOBAL", 1)Global("Know_Balance", "GLOBAL", 0)~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from:

SAY #463 /* ~You again. Look, I'm begging you... help me get rid of this wolf? Please? The creature is in there right now, ravaging my workshop as we speak.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #474 /* ~What is it exactly that you want me to do?~ */ GOTO 2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #470 /* ~Sorry, but I'm rather busy right now. Farewell.~ */ EXIT

END

In the quoted state of DAPSEL.DLG GOTO 2 should be replaced by GOTO 4.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from: 9.4 8.1 5.0 1.1 0.2

SAY #8015 /* ~You have tested my patience since the moment you stepped foot in my home. I suggest that you leave now before I demonstrate some of my recent endeavors for you.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8016 /* ~Please demonstrate, if you don't mind.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()Attack(Protagonist)~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8017 /* ~What if I want to stay and make myself at home?~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()Attack(Protagonist)~ EXIT

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #8018 /* ~Okay, okay! I'll get out of your hair.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Dorn_Door","GLOBAL", 1)Enemy()~ EXIT

END

In the quoted state of DBANDOTH.DLG the last option was supposed to help you avoid combat, but it happens anyway since 'Enemy()' is present.

Both fixed.

The cave has a couple of special regions that track how far you enter--your replies to Hrothgar depend on how far you get, as do your XP rewards. If you just visit the exterior, you should be limited to telling him that there were no survivors and no supplies.

This is actually fine, grammatically.

Fixed.

. Jhelonen is simply called Townsperson on world. It would be more consistent with the rest of the game to call him Jhelonen.

I'm ambivalent on this, leaning towards no change. IWD used tooltips a lot differently than BG/BG2, typically when they wanted to hide the identity of a quest character--Lysan's tooltip is 'barmaid', Arundel is 'old man', etc.

I tried charm animal on Yuanti-elite who is supposedly equilavent to snake (animal), it didn't work. Not sure if it was the save, or Yuanti-elites are not considered as animal??..

Yuan-ti are classed as monsters, not animals. Animals are generally bears, dogs, wolves, etc.--stuff that might actually exist in real life (plus giant beetles, for some reason).

Archived