Translucent Spells and the various patches

After a long play with just IWD + HoW 1.40 installed, I encountered the Invisible Stalkers bug with Malavon. I thought I had all then patches, but I found 1.41 and TotLM that's like 1.42. After installing them I noticed the translucent spells effects were gone, and I had a horrible mess of colors and effects, it's true that I previously unnoticed most spells effects, but I really prefer the earlier. Reinstalling everything I found this to happen only if I apply 1.41 or 1.42, not the IWD Fixpack. Is it possible to have all the fixes and features without klosing the translucent spell effects?

Playing this way I have several problems:

Cannot play TotLM

Still have Invisible stalkers (they kept coming even with the patches applied, is it because of my old saves?)

My level 26 wizard had now 5 level 9 spell slots (It seemed strange to me that after level 20 they were not increasing, after the patches I thought I had resolved), but when I get level 27 they become 3 slots! I think I saved after leveling up with 1.41 installed, then used the saves with the new 1.40 game...

Guello did not recognize the salamander's deaths, instead if I save after talking with him and reload all the gnomes disappear in that area. Not a big problem.

Thanks for the great efforts in keeping these games at their best!!

I'm sorry, no.. I did a clean install after that mess, IWD + HoW 1.40, then 1.41 then Trials, then the fixpack.

The only real problem is to have the Translucent effects because otherwise the battle is unreadable, I mean, you can't see nothing behind the effects. I tried to understand which file causes this, did you know? I could try removing it, if it does not affects the mechanics.

I just read a topic were there was a discussion about the flashy effects of icewind Dale compared to those in Baldur's Gate... I think that the effects patched by 1.41 are not a problem but the way the patch should work, but If anyone can help me to find the files that apply that change I woulod really appreciate.

Archived