Icewind Dale, summoning limit is 6 ?

I never knew until now because it just happened. As in the title, I am talking about the IWD one, not the second one.

Apparently patch (including tweak) does not have function to increase summoning numbers. I guess there's nothing I can do about it?

As far as I am aware of... there shouldn't be a limit in IwD 1.

Yep the spells might only give so many monsters at a time, but you should be able to get more summoned creatures than 6 at a given time. After all, even the simpliest Monster Summoning I should give you 2-8 monsters.

So make a group(4) of mages, cheat via the Console and the commands:

GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("scrl1l",4) 

Spread the scrolls around and cast the spells.

I am not planning on cheating, because I am making Youtube video and don't want to disappoint the viewers.

It seems I am not the only one having this problem according to the google search, so I guess it's how IWD is supposed to be.

Is there a patch that can fix this though?

I am not planning on cheating, because I am making Youtube video and don't want to disappoint the viewers.
I am not saying that you would do it in a normal game, I was saying that you can check/test it out with a simple cheat .. yes, there's a difference between the two.

About the patch, which version are you currently using ? If you load a save game and go to the options menu, it should tell you the version number

Installation: Icewind Dale patch v.1 + Heart of the Winter v.1.5 + Icewind Dale Fix patch v1.2

I am pretty sure those are the most recent patch and I downloaded from this website.

I even read "readme" and they do not include anything about summoning so it's not like I made any change in it.

forgot to mention this, I also have IWD Tweak pack installed and made few changes that the pack allow, but nothing related to summoning limit at all, nor the pack itself has anything to do with summoning limit.

Installation: Icewind Dale patch v.1 + Heart of the Winter v.1.5 ???

I am pretty sure those are the most recent patch..

Nope, there's a HOW patch... that also goes with the addon's name, but it's all bundled in the same pack with is the patch: Tales of the Loremaster(the one flagged New, even thou it's old as a shoe) Yep, the version ends up being v1.42, but the last update is actually v1.41. As there's no v1.5... unless it's v1.05.

OK, I admit it, there's a summon cap of 6 apparently, there's a possibility of a fix by changing the one of the .cre's paramiters, but for IWD, I have no idea what it is.

ok well I put wrong number, it's 1.05, but you still didn't answer anything related to the summoning.. I also have tales of the loremaster btw..

have you ever played IWD btw and casted summoning +6 without a limit? If yes, did you have HOW installed while playing the game?

Archived