Baldur's Gate II Installation on Windows 7

Unfinished Business
Don't confuse the BG1 edition with the BG2...

Anyways, if the list is based on this, it's seems close at least, then it OK.

I would like to ask is, What did the [Alias] 'es were before you edited them originally and where were the movies ? ... cause the game might have well worked as intended at the start. As the instructions you noted were to remove a few duplicate files, not to actually get it working originally.

Ouh, and so you don't have to do it again, remember to make a backup of the install, a .rar archive would work best.

Yes, that was the guide I was following, but the link to the NPC Kits is broken, and I couldn't find where to get it. Can you give me a working link?

I think before I edited the [Alias]'es they were telling it to go through Program Files(x86), which of course is not where I stored them. There also wasn't a CD6 line, not sure why I had to include one to get it to work. The two missing movie files were at the bottom of the main Baldur's Gate folder in their own folder labled movies. I'm not sure why they were seperated from the others by default, because that is what was causing all this difficulty to begin with. I mean, if I made an accident somewhere during installation that would be understandable, but for it to cause the problems itself? Weird.

I think before I edited the [Alias]'es they were telling it to go through Program Files(x86), which of course is not where I stored them.
Well, to tell you the truth, it sounds like you didn't re-install the game when I told you to, as that changes the [Alias] 'es to the directory its installed to... but more than that I was just searching for the pattern it was made, but as you no longer have the original, never mind.

Archived