need help with spl file for kit

joshuar9476

for my undead eliminator kit, I'm looking for immunity from the paralysis that you get from ghasts and ghouls usually found throughout bg1. I don't know if these means weapon immunity from ghoul1.itm and ghast1.itm? I tried immunity from hold, but that didn't seem to work. I'd also like immunity from a vampire's dominate or dire charm (can't remember which it is). I've messed out with NearInfinity but have had no luck. Thanks.

for my undead eliminator kit, I'm looking for immunity from the paralysis that you get from ghasts and ghouls usually found throughout bg1. I don't know if these means weapon immunity from ghoul1.itm and ghast1.itm? I tried immunity from hold, but that didn't seem to work. I'd also like immunity from a vampire's dominate or dire charm (can't remember which it is). I've messed out with NearInfinity but have had no luck. Thanks.

You tried protection from opcode 109 (paralysis/hold)? That should cover it, but it will also prevent other similar abilities (carrion crawlers) and will not stop the game from adding associated icons, sounds, and colours to the affected character.

For each creature weapon item, you could move all of the effects attached to a hit to a new spell, have the item use opcode 146 to cast the spell, and give your kit immunity to the spell with opcode 106.

Vampire Domination is SPIN883.SPL and Vampire Fear is SPIN882.SPL.

You tried protection from opcode 109 (paralysis/hold)? That should cover it, but it will also prevent other similar abilities (carrion crawlers) and will not stop the game from adding associated icons, sounds, and colours to the affected character.

For each creature weapon item, you could move all of the effects attached to a hit to a new spell, have the item use opcode 146 to cast the spell, and give your kit immunity to the spell with opcode 106.

Vampire Domination is SPIN883.SPL and Vampire Fear is SPIN882.SPL.

Thanks Mike .... it sounds a bit over my head, but then again, so did making a workable kit. I'll fart around with it tomorrow and see what happens. I don't want protection from all hold inducing creatures, so the middle suggestion is what i'll try.

yeah, i'm in over my head here ... i'm trying to use DLTCEP but am lost. For immunity to Vampire Domination Vampire Fear, I tried modifying SPWI514 bt don't really understand what goes where. anybody willing to hold my hand through this process?

Ok, I think I may have figured out how to gain immunity from the Vampire Domination Vampire Fear using opcode 206 and inputting both spells. That seems to be working ok. Does ap_spcl233, immunity from hold and charm cover the vampire domination and fear? In other words, am i stacking it twice?

I'm going to post my Vampire spl, can some give it a quick lookover and make sure i'm not going to blow something up? nevermind ... guess i can't upload it.

post-3644-0-47429300-1368539033_thumb.jpg

A question regarding affects ... if i look at my pc in SK, the affects are on there multiple times. spcl241 is listed twice, and the other is referenced 6 times. is this intended? i realize the second one has other variables such as hiding portrait icons, but there shouldn't be that many variables.

In reference to my previous question, i removed ap_spcl233 from my 2da and was instantly dominated by a vampire. since my spl file isn't given until level 10, i then leveled up the character and my file did block domination. success there I think. I assume it was the immunity from charm that was blocking it the first time.

Archived