PLAYER like a NPC feedback/gesture and no soundset?

eugene

hello everyone,

I am looking for 2 things to do within my mod. I searched web for this but failed to search properly actually.

1.) I want my character (protagonist) have no sound like "i move", "i attack" gestures, in short disable sound of him/her. I learnt how to add sound but could not how to disable because at character screen it asks me to select a sound set always.

2.) I want my character (protagonist) have custom command gestures like BATTLECRY1 to "unga bunga". For NPC it is very easy but for PC i could not find a proper way.

implementing such things within scripts are also fine but i prefer a way of doing it within weidu.

May i create a character using DLTCEP (and assign whatever text to gestures) then import it (create CRE then save as CHR)? I think this will do the trick but still upon importing the character it asks for sound and i cannot pass it without selecting any (game assigns one).

Why I ask? I want to make a mod of my favourite protagonists (mostly with broken rules like multiclass human, unchoosable class-race combination, grandmastery in weapon on a ranger i always create, copying portraits, maybe custom gear) but instead of rolling his/her stats, modyfing 2da's, editing strings everytime, just install this mod and select the character at creation screen using import function etc... Copying a character with such rules from one installation to another sometimes annoy more than installing the whole game + mods.

thanks

btw, this is for bg2 soa/tob only, not for tutu/bgt/bgee atm...

I don't quite understand what 2.) means, but you can always create a custom soundset with empty sounds for "I move" and so on, and use it for any character whatsoever, and you don't even need Weidu - it's enough to create a specifically targetted soundset and place it to sounds folder(you do not even have to find out what each file should mean, since ALL of them should be zeroed).

for first question, i will try that. i didnot know we could put empty files for sound.

for second question let me explain in an example:

- you create a new char / new game

- when irenicus torturing ends imoen comes

- when imoen conversation ends you start your game

- select your char and move to some place, no text/gesture in combat log (are not them called "gesture" ? )

- do the same with imoen, she will log "whatcha want?" and "gotcha" in combat log. <<-- I WANT THIS BEHAVIOR EVEN FOR MY CHAR

in short, i want my PC to behave like an NPC. using an existing character (like an npc with such gestures set) did not work, for example i didnot get same results when i used imoen.cre as my own character, maybe game engine prevents this, I dont know. I wanted to know if it is possible.

now i remember there was a script enabling player1 death and still continuing. it makes your game like IWD, a-party-without-a-protagonist style. i need to test that :)

thanks

Archived