Protagnist as Ranger

Spider

I started a BGT-WeiDU game and for my character I chose a ranger. When I started the game he had the ability to Charm Animals and Track. This is a two part question.

Question 1: I noticed some time ago that my character had lost the ability to Charm Animal. At the level I am now I believe I should have the ability to cast it twice. I base this on Minsc being level five a am I. Yes, I could load up Shadowkeeper and key it in, but the less I fiddle with such modding, the better I feel.

Question 2: Does Tracking do anything in the game?

A1) The ranger should have the CharA..., did you choose a kit that might alter this ? Yes, in BGT, you need to make the kit choise at the begining ... well there's a mod that allow you to gain a kit later too...from a book. And as the ability is one of those "once per day" -abilities, did you actually rest the full 8 hours.. yeah, it's actually 3 times per day if you rest in the between, but there's no Imps to correct this fact, darn.

A2) In BGT, not really as the track actually asks the game to post a specific area coded message, and as the BG1 areas don't have a vanilla value, the BGTs BG1 areas might not have them... but they'll be in the BG2 areas, well most of them at least, if there was a vanilla one.

A1) The ranger should have the CharA..., did you choose a kit that might alter this ? Yes, in BGT, you need to make the kit choise at the begining ... well there's a mod that allow you to gain a kit later too...from a book. And as the ability is one of those "once per day" -abilities, did you actually rest the full 8 hours.. yeah, it's actually 3 times per day if you rest in the between, but there's no Imps to correct this fact, darn.

My kit is the Ranger kit. The script is Custom (None). So,, I've not changed anything. Odd and it seems I should have my two Charm Animal feats. I might have to key them in using an editor.

A2) In BGT, not really as the track actually asks the game to post a specific area coded message, and as the BG1 areas don't have a vanilla value, the BGTs BG1 areas might not have them... but they'll be in the BG2 areas, well most of them at least, if there was a vanilla one.

Yeah, that was what I was gathering. There were a couple of answers floatin' around out there for the vanilla game but I was thinkinh it might have been put into play in BGT-WeiDU. I had hoped that something had been done, realizing it would be extremely difficult as the game engine does not allow for the selection of a specific quest, thus permitting, for instance, a white arrow pointing to where you need to go.

Archived