Combat variant

DeathFromAbove

Hi all,

I'm new to GemRB.

I'm trying to build a new RPG and I've stumbled in GemRB. It seems very promising!

I've one question: it's possibile to change the combat mechanics or they are so built-in in the engine that it will require a rewrite?

The changes I'd like to make are dramatic enough, they aren't simple changing of values of AC or weapon damages.

I'd like even to remove the HP concept to switch to "wounds" directly.

Thanks in advance!

DFB

HP crops up in many places, not just combat, but I wouldn't say it'd be hard to change, whatever the wounds alternative means. Use another stat or few for the wounds and internally convert to hp and you'll have much less work. If you want to see the combat logic, check out AttackCore and go from there. Most of the calculation is in Actor::GetCombatDetails.

Hy Lynx,

thanks for the hints! As soon as I'm able I'll check the files.

I'm trying to develop a low-fantasy or, more accurately, medieval RPG with a combat system I've developed for a tabletop RPG.

The system should allow players (and NPC) to choose the attack and defense.

Armours should be locational as should be the hits. If the hit isn't totally absorbed by armour a "wound" is scored of an appropriate level, generating malus and ... mmm ok, I think it will be a lot of changes... :-(

Archived