gemrb 0.8 wont work

pulpo

Hi everybody,

First I'm really impressed by the work done here. I'm having a great time playing bg so far. I had some mayor problems that I couldn't fix with internet research so maybe you guys can help. I'm running gemrb on a yarvik xenta tablet with android 4. Followed a very good instruction (thanks to RolandDeschain79) and was able to play a good while but only with the version from playstore. Two days ago my tab says app is not installed when clicking on the icon which was still there. And right all the data gone as well. After recovering from my shock that my save games are no longer save but gone I want to start again. I thought it would be good too install the latest version but had my difficulties. I downloaded the newest apk file (still not sure what git means) and installed it. After opening the program nothing happens but blacksreen and than message appears: fatal error, cannot open chitinkey or something. Gamepath should be incorrect. But at that state there are no files on my sdcard so far. Older version start up, ask what device and install the familiar data where I can set game path and so on. What has changed with 0.8?

I really want to play those best games ever again.

Best regards from Germany and thanks in advance

Pulpo

The first time you run 0.8, it can take quite awhile, depending on your system's speed and configuration.

As far as setting it up, look here - this should cover the problems with your setup.

If not, just look around as this problem has been addressed in many different places.

Be aware, the paths have changed for 0.8.

Hope this helps...

Also, remember to post your log if you need more specific answers.

Archived