BGEE + BG2tweaks = broken equipment descriptions

shiffd

I realized that I had put in the tweaks after getting BGEE from steam (Steam seems to be horrible...maybe some people on this website can give me perspectives...also BGEE seems like a ripoff...)

Now I am trying to play through..some serious bugs. The item descriptions of specifically armor and ammo belts etc. is completely jacked.

What is this? How can I fix it? Was it caused by the tweaks? Is it a BGEE issue (according to them it is not)...is it a BGEE/tweakpack issue?

Can I fix this without starting over?

I made a Gnome Illusionist/thief that is gonna spec for two points of single weapon and carry a Katana...so -2 AC, one weapon, easy to switch to repeater lightXbow for range, can sneak up for backstab with a katana...and/or fight with a katana...but i needed the exotic items mod for that...

If it is messes up all the armor descriptions (ver very very annoying) though I guess i can go a different weapon spec route for him...but I will want to start over...

Just trying to figure out how or why my armor descriptions got bugged so I can fix it and play through without all my armor descriptions giving me some random dialogue script instead of telling me about the armor (and ammo bags too..and who knows what else...)

It could also be the BoH mod...who knows.

HELP! Please...and sorry if I put in wrong place.

OK what is wrong~

Item descriptions of armor are wrong. Also ammo belts.

Is that not clear enough? Do I need to provide the actual quotes of what it is saying in item descriptions?

If running some mod/fix will put the item descriptions back to the correct descriptions...then I can probably buy new equipment, I got nothing special yet..

The problem is all items in shops etc. are showing the wrong descriptions right now...

So is there a fix that you/anyone knows of for this problem? Or is there any mod/fix that I can run for BGEE (compatible) that will reset/correct/rewrite/check item descriptions?

Am I really the only person with this problem? I have a feeling if this is happened to me its got to be possible others have similar problem.

Is that not clear enough? Do I need to provide the actual quotes of what it is saying in item descriptions?
Well dah... also make sure you have a clean game... then patch it to the last EE-patch and then install the mod, start a new game(as in do not load a savegame, as that's not a new game) and see if the descriptions are still wrong...

What might have happened is that the shop was "visited" when you started the game and when you install the mod, the description doesn't change, thus you don't see the correct description ... yes, you just have to occupy the map near the shop for this to happen. Or worse yet, you patched the game when your mod was already installed and that produces a lot of cheese, and not the good kind.

Actually I just reran tweaks. All the item descriptions went to the correct descriptions. Even the ones in inventory, and shops too...not sure why that worked, but it did...

Another thing I am noticing is that I did not get the option in the tweakpack to remove class restrictions or dual classing etc. etc. for all races. The option just wasn't there. The option for removing racial restrictions for kits was there but it errored out...I am at work now so I can't check my instal and which version of tweaks (or what the error was)...

I got the game in October and tweaked it then...and playing since then. So should be latest version of EE and V14 which came on Oct 1 right?

Anyway I will have to mess with it a bit more...I made fighter/cleric and illusionist/thief...

If I could dual them I would start as fighter and a thief and dual the fighter to cleric and theif to illusionist once I got the basic things I wanted out of the fighter/thief classes (weapon proficiencies/thief skills, a few HP and some Thac0)....also I could/would use kits, namely swashbuckler... For dual classes the dual fighter/cleric can still use fighter weapons right?

For dual classes the dual fighter/cleric can still use fighter weapons right?
Nope. You can't go against your new religion... or whatever.

Was it IWD where it started that kits/versions of the clerics use different weapon restrictions based on mythos? Or was that TOEE...I can'T remember...Which makes me wonder if anyone will ever make a TOEEEE LOL

Was it IWD where it started that kits/versions of the clerics use different weapon restrictions based on mythos? Or was that TOEE...I can'T remember...Which makes me wonder if anyone will ever make a TOEEEE LOL
Well, it came in the 3rd Edition of the ruleset(2000).

Archived