Oversight mod for Enhanced Edition

ark7

I've tried installing a few components of Kish's Oversight mod in BG2:EE and it seems to be working fine, however there was one component in particular I couldn't install: Revised Monk HLA. It's automatically skipped because it "requires ToB", and the installer hasn't been updated to detect Enhanced Edition. I suspect that if this check was to be bypassed, the installation would go on without a problem.

This is my favorite component, as it makes monks so fun to play, so I'd like to know if someone can convert this mod to Enhanced Edition, or perhaps make a stand-alone version of this component for EE? Alternatively, does anyone know how how I can trick the installer into thinking I have ToB?

Here's a link to the mod, for those who don't know it yet: http://www.gibberlings3.net/oversight/#

Thanks in advance =)

Alternatively, does anyone know how how I can trick the installer into thinking I have ToB?
Well, you can open the setup-Oversight.tp2 with Notepad, and take this:

BEGIN @38
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ ~You do not appear to have Throne of Bhaal installed.~

And quote it out like this:

BEGIN @38
/* REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ ~You do not appear to have Throne of Bhaal installed.~ */ 

And then you need to quote out one of the END's at one point... or you could copy one of the .cre's in the override folder and rename it as the "mel01.cre".

And the other:

BEGIN @44
BEGIN @44
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~saradush.mve~ ~You do not appear to have Throne of Bhaal installed.~

And quote that out:

BEGIN @44
/* REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~saradush.mve~ ~You do not appear to have Throne of Bhaal installed.~ */ 

These of course won't actually install if the actual file is changed, and I think the first one at least does something to that effect.

Archived