make summoned creatures to travel between areas

Constantine

I remember familiars can move between areas because they are considered "global" objects. SCS also makes use of this to make certain creatures chase the party between areas. The relevant scripting action is:

MakeGlobal()

In the creature's script, and adding stuff to the background script Baldur.bcs/Baldur25.bcs:

MoveGlobalObject("xyz",Player1)

Where "xyz" is the creature's death variable.

I'm not sure if it'll work for non-unique creatures (i.e. same script, same death variable) like summoned minions especially if they are supposed to unsummon after a period anyway. It could break something horribly, I don't know.

Coincidentally, I just stumbled upon the answer:

MakeGlobal adds a creature to the .gam structure, recruiting an npc just moves it from one .gam list to another. A .cre file isn't that big, so using MakeGlobal once in a while, won't cause any visible difference. Using it without restraint will soon crash the engine

Coincidentally, I just stumbled upon the answer:

MakeGlobal adds a creature to the .gam structure, recruiting an npc just moves it from one .gam list to another. A .cre file isn't that big, so using MakeGlobal once in a while, won't cause any visible difference. Using it without restraint will soon crash the engine

Thanks, that will do.

Archived