Hi, my game crashes:

-release version: BGII-SoA 4disc language: german

-patch: BaldursGateII-ShadowsofAmnPatchEUROPE.exe

-fixpack11 core

game crashes when:

• hovering the mouse over magespells during charcreation
  • picking up and dropping items in inventory

a lot of dialogue is changed from german to english

this did not happen with a previous version, which i used when i played BG1tutu, but i lost the installer years ago.

did i miss any patches, as i couldn't find a complete list of the needed patches anywhere.

On what resolution are you playing the game on ? Any other than the supported (640x480 or 800x600) or the unsupported (1024x764) resolution can cause crashes. The Widescreen mod fixes this, but I am unsure if it's compatible with your install... but there you'll still be using the 1024x764 resolution as it's base.

i usually play it on 1024x786 and did so before without crashes.

even 1280x960 works unless i install the patches and fixpack11.

although something has changed:

i was unable to select dx7 rendering, so i had to disable 3d because OpenGL causes extreme blur, which is "wiped clean" for a few seconds by the mouse cursor.

i read that the charcreation crash is fixed by a hotfix (bad string on "find familiar" translation), but i haven't tried if the crash still occurs on the other items.

even 1280x960 works unless i install the patches and fixpack11.

Try and pick up a two handed sword on the patched game and it will crash it on the 1280x960 res... it's a known problem with the unsupported resolutions, and so you need to either not use the larger ones or use the widescreen mod with any chosen resolution that's smaller than ~1921x1201 if you wish larger game resolution. ..

okay, i ran the patch and the fixpack11:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Fehlerbehebungen: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #100 // Gruppe bekommt Erfahrung, wenn sie Keldorn zu Maria schickt: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #101 // Verbesserte Zauberanimationen: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #106 // Riesen erhalten Abzuege beim Angriff auf Halblinge, Zwerge und Gnome: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #107 // Mehrklassen-Beschraenkung fuer Bogenschuetzen und Pirscher entfernen: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #109 // Korrigiertes Verhalten beschworener Daemonen: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #110 // Zusaetzliche Skripte korrigieren: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #111 // Berichtigte Bardenlieder: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #112 // Magierkiller verursachen "Magie fehlwirken" im Fernkampf: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #113 // Zusaetzliche Gesinnungen korrigieren: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #114 // Handlungsfreiheit schuetzt gegen Betaeubung: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #116 // Zusatzpunkte auf Diebesfaehigkeiten von Barden und Waldlaeufern entfernen: v10

i now copy in the hotfix for the german translation and hope it works.

okay, so where do i put the "setup.tra" as i seem to have copied it to the WEIDU installer, but that didn't seem to have any effect...

Which file are you talking about ?

I would strongly suggest that you use just the official releases(so the v10), and not the to be tested beta's especially if you don't know exactly what you are doing ...

Ahh, well, it's a replacement file for the ... bg2fixpack\languages\german/setup.tra file... so after you extract the BG2 Fixpack v10, replace the file there and so on and so forth. The end is there because you can do other things than just install the mod.

so, installing fixpack10. it will definitely break the character generaton whenever i hover over the "find familiar" button.

there seems to be no workaround.

the tweakpack won't do anything else, but break it aswell.

it is a problem of the german translation, which doent have any hotfix and isnt going to be released anytime soon.

nice, thanks, can i please atleast download the lates working version, or do you want to torture me?!

okay, i havent got it to work properly, not even working after deinstalling all fixpack and tweakpack, anything.

it jsut wont work, it always crashes on hovering the mouse over the "find familiar" icon.

thanks for breaking a game and not releasing a hotfix 6 minth after the first mentionoining of the named breakign the game.

thanks and again thanks for having me reinstall the game for the 5th time in a week for your inability to use proper methods of bugfixing.

Archived