Chapter 7 won't start after exit from catacombs

ArthurP

As the title - after using the one-way exit from the Candlekeep Catacombs Level 3 (after the encounter with Diarmid), Chapter 7 doesn't automatically start, even if I travel to Baldur's Gate, rest, etc. Unfortunately, I no longer have any prior saves, but my current save (just outside the catacombs exit) is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated - otherwise, I may not be able to continue my EET game. Cheers!

Save.zip

EDIT: I've now tried the console command "C:SetGlobal("CHAPTER", "GLOBAL", 7)", and it seems to have solved the problem, but I'm concerned using these commands (I hadn't yet used the console in the attached save) may mess something else up in the game later on. That said, should it be OK to "fix" my save in this way?

As the title - after using the one-way exit from the Candlekeep Catacombs Level 3 (after the encounter with Diarmid), Chapter 7 doesn't automatically start, even if I travel to Baldur's Gate, rest, etc. Unfortunately, I no longer have any prior saves, but my current save (just outside the catacombs exit) is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated - otherwise, I may not be able to continue my EET game. Cheers!

attachicon.gifSave.zip

EDIT: I've now tried the console command "C:SetGlobal("CHAPTER", "GLOBAL", 7)", and it seems to have solved the problem, but I'm concerned using these commands (I hadn't yet used the console in the attached save) may mess something else up in the game later on. That said, should it be OK to "fix" my save in this way?

You should be fine with the console (you may just miss the autosave and a journal entry) and can continue.

Do you have a mod installed to *reveal or hide city areas on firdt visit* (you can look that up in your weidu.log and weiduee.log`?

Thanks, Roxanne - I'll stick with the console command and keep going. And I do have BG Tweaks Anthology installed, with the option "~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: Beta 5".

There have been reports already about this causing the problem you describe by adding a blocking block to the area script when you leave catacombs-

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28329&do=findComment&comment=247932

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=40&do=findComment&comment=247922

You can also find a possible solution there-

Archived