EET converter : some conversion missing

Ikki

Hello,

EET_converter is not automaticaly converting some name to EET naming convention :

KNIGHT => KNIGHT%eet_var%
TAZOK => TAZOK%eet_var%
WILLIA => WILLIA%eet_var%
they have to be rename manually.

is it because the same name exit in BG and BG2 ? and is there a list of name that must be checked and rename manualy ?

From what I understand you're using "Any platform -> cpmvars" conversion, right? If that's the case than only things that are normally found within cpmvars are handled (I may change it in future if you need it). Files not referenced in common libraries will be missing from conversion. The fastest way to find out which ones requires manual edit (in this case expanding cpmvars file included with the mod) is using other options within the tool since they are patching everything. For example if the mod works with BG:EE and don't use cpmvars yet than choose "BG:EE -> EET" conversion and check the "Changes.txt" to see if you need to expand default cpmvars. As for the list you can find it EET/docs folder (HTML file). What BG:EE mod you're converting?

Thank you,

Yes i was using "Any platform -> cpmvars" conversion.

What BG:EE mod you're converting?

DarkHorizonsBGee

drizztsaga

SoA

and bg1npc

not sure i did that right but they install fine

and bg1npc

this mod already uses cpmvars (in fact iirc this is the mod that invented common libraries solution). All that is really required is adding this file to the archive: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/blob/master/EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa

Also check if all variables present in already existing cpmvars files within the mod are present in the above file - if no than add them. And of course change GAME_IS if it's used.

drizztsaga

not sure about this one but also check changes done to it during EET installation: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/blob/master/EET/compat/drizztsaga/include.tph

Worldmap patching needs to be different since above TBL code is used only during EET installation.

SoA

again, correct EET worldmap coordinates and icon numbers: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/blob/master/EET/compat/soa/include.tph

Both drizztsaga and SoA mods would work on BP-BGT Worldmap, but if you're going to send these patches to original authors please include support for default EET worldmap.

this mod already uses cpmvars

adding a eet_cpmvars.tpa isn't enough

the cpmvar it use are different from those you'r using in EET converter, it contain less area and name (require for EET patching), and some abscent from your cpmvar

drizztsaga and soa

yes i have written the new .tbl file for the worldmap but only for the BP-BGT Worldmap (i believe the mod require the BP-BGT Worldmap anyway)

If someone wan't them i can post them

Archived