[Requires EET] The Cowled Menace v1.0.1 - Overview

Heads up, v1.0.0 released. Out of Beta!

Changelog:

- Fixed Baldur's Gate Twisted Rune encounter not switching to enemy status in certain cheese situations where dialog couldn't happen. Fixed the same encounter not having any dialog in the beginning with SCS installed.
- Fixed a bug where you could endlessly repeat the last part of the quest to get massive amounts of experience when certain conditions were met.
- Evil players should have a proper (although still only partially satisfying) conclusion to the quest now.
- Improved Twisted Rune AI slightly compared to vanilla (they won't wait around in corner)
- Fixed a bug with the Twisted Rune ambush in the Guarded Compound not happening all the time. (If you have cleared the Twisted Rune enclave, they're still not gonna show though, that's intended)
- Fixed various weird behaviors with map region triggers.

Current plans for 1.0.1 are only to include Russian translation

Edited by Daxtreme

Evil players should have a proper (although still only partially satisfying) conclusion to the quest now.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

A few more requests:
1) Would it be possible to make it not EET-dependant?
2) Was this idea discarded? 

Not making this quest EET dependent would require reworking the mod quite a bit. Dialogue, triggers, areas, they would all need to be changed. For now version 1.0.0 aimed at fixing the critical bugs and coming out of beta.

Also, from a lore point of view I like how the mod ties things together, implicating Baldur's Gate in Athkatla's business and vice-versa.

Basically, it wasn't the goal of this update, which was mainly a stability update and fixing missing pieces.

I will consider adding it in next update thanks for the comment!

edit: that optional component doesn't require EET. Here are the requirements:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mage18z.cre~ @50 //Required file missing -- install Baldur's Gate 2 EE
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~blun31.itm~ @50 //Required file missing -- install Baldur's Gate 2 EE

Unless I got something wrong, BG2 should work. Are you on the original BG2? or Enhanced Edition BG2?

Further proof (Trying to install my mod on an unmodded BG2EE install works as designed: main component is skipped because EET is uninstalled, optional component works:

proof.thumb.jpg.5bd1385bf2430f7c0273dc288733e49f.jpg

Edited by Daxtreme

okay, as for the appropriate items, I had thought you added some custom one. I was a bit disappointed in the loot for "high level spellcasters". Everything was very low tier; Zallanora doesn't seem even to have an archmage robe. :(

Edited by Morgoth

Ah okay interesting, I didn't know she would reappear.

With "the first encounter" what I mean is that I violated the rule of no magic the first time and I got Zallanora already on the first time and killed her.

She also appeared in the last encounter (when you're told that you are going to meet the toughest opponent due to your numerous violations)

She is definitely not supposed to appear in the first encounter with the Cowled Wizards when they just warn you. That has never happened to me. Sounds like a mod compatibility issue. Did you install EET correctly?

Do you have  "Unofficial Item Pack" installed by any chance?

This component of mine only changes items dropped by Cowled Wizards (including Zallanora), but with precise, non-destructive editing, nothing else.

The issue is with another mod for sure. Here is the entire code pertaining to Zallanora in that optional component:

COPY_EXISTING ~mage18z.cre~ ~override~															// Zallanora (Cowled Wizard Last Wave) Mage 30/30 | 1
		LPF SANITIZE_CRE RET ok = ok END
		PATCH_IF ok BEGIN
			ADD_CRE_ITEM ~amul22~ #0 #0 #0 ~none~ ~amulet~											// Amulet of Poison Immunity
			ADD_CRE_ITEM ~RNDSCR05~ #1 #0 #0 ~none~ ~inv~ 											// Random level 9 scroll
			ADD_CRE_ITEM ~brac07~ #0 #0 #0 ~none~ ~gloves~											// Bracers of 18 dex | itemrev +2 dex 
																									// rring already occupied
			ADD_CRE_ITEM ~boot12~ #0 #0 #0 ~undroppable~ ~boots~									// Boots immune to backstab, undroppable
		END
	BUT_ONLY

Edited by Daxtreme