Odd Occurrences

Meicailya

VERY MUCH EDITED :)

It seems that Something Strange (at least, to me) has happened. What I had originally written off as a install/uninstall big seems to be part of a larger problem (for me).

Original post (or rather, part of it):

After having played through and beat the BGII game just last night, I had a lot to think about. Finally, I decided I wanted another go at the game, and thus started one this afternoon after uninstalling the Sola mod. I made my char, started the game, and it was all going as planned, and yet ... ?

At this point, it seems that the Ease Of Use Mod kicked in (Kindly pointed out to me below). What is strange? Please, read my response to Kish.

And please, feel free to laugh at my stupidity, or to delete this, anyone. I find I feel rather apathetic to everything at this point. (Surges of rage, indignation, and shame can do that for you).

Wow, EoU must be a self-downloading mod then, or I have dl something I was not aware carried it. In any case, I am in the process of uninstalling everything.

I realize that I am at fault, and will be going through read-mes to see what it was I installed that included these adjustments. Goes to show that newbies should carefully read everything (more than once, and then once again with a fine-tooth comb) before installing to make sure that such things do not happen again.

Please forgive my ignorance and my waste of forum space. I am sorry if I came across as snappish at you -- that was not my intention. I am merely displeased as this effect popped up long after I have installed anything, and after so many unblemished game-starts.

Thank you for your time in explaining this to me, and again, I beg your forgiveness. (Uck, I hate being a newbie).

To my mind, the image this conjures is worth the thread.

As a Bhaalspawn, I am decently used to odd occurrences. As odd as it is, I was not surprised to wake up in an odd cell, and having a towering mage storm up to me hadn't phased me one bit.

However, I am afraid I must admit that I am not used to said towering mage inquire, as his Magic Missiles as searing my flesh, if I were going to throw rocks at him, and then add that he would like to go to the Underdark because he "heard there was cool stuff there!"

... I love the smell of Insanity in the morning.

If my CHARNAME heard that, there'd be no way he'd be going anywhere near that fruitloop again. :)

Oh, most definitely! I mean, you're just "over there", are you not?

^^; Maybe I should search for a more charming location than a sub-plane stolen from a credit card commercial ... The trails and tribulations of being within 'net space! (drama drama)

In any case, I feel that I must thank you for calming me down so quickly, if that was your intention or not. I'm afraid I am easily roused to fury. Allow me to hide in my corner in shame for a while, where I may dramatize my shame much as a vaguely remembered elf from the past would the chances of survival in the realms. :)

Oh, most definitely! I mean, you're just "over there", are you not?

That's right. I used to live in a tangled heap, but the rent was outrageous.

^^; Maybe I should search for a more charming location than a sub-plane stolen from a credit card commercial ... The trails and tribulations of being within 'net space! (drama drama)

In any case, I feel that I must thank you for calming me down so quickly, if that was your intention or not. I'm afraid I am easily roused to fury. Allow me to hide in my corner in shame for a while, where I may dramatize my shame much as a vaguely remembered elf from the past would the chances of survival in the realms.  :)

All part of the service. ;)

I just found the notion of Irenicus asking "Do you want to throw rocks at me?"

rather amusing.

"Yes, Johnny, I do. Pass me a rock."

Archived