Lauriel's EET Testrun

Lauriel

@jastey, report #1 on installation:  [CLERIC_RESIST_COLD] not found in [Spell.IDS]

This isn't a new warning.  I've gotten this no matter where/when I installed it, but thought I should report it anyway.  It's never affected play as far as I've noticed.

Spoiler

Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues] [v24.2]
Creating 1 directory
Copying and patching 1 file ...
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[action list near line 5482, column 61 of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bg1npc/pid/X#PCINIT.D] PARSE WARNING at line 5482 column 1-44
Near Text: )
        [ReallyForceSpell] argument [CLERIC_RESIST_COLD] not found in [Spell.IDS]
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

EDIT: Found another in the debug log:

Spoiler

[./override/CORANP.DLG] loaded, 1085 bytes
[CORANP.DLG] loaded
WARNING: REPLACE specifies no WEIGHT for state 16 and DLG uses non-trivial weights.  Using weight from DLG (4). [4]
[CORANP.DLG] saved    8 states, 9 trans, 6 strig, 0 ttrig, 5 actions

====================================================================

[./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 26094 bytes

[action list near line 5482, column 61 of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bg1npc/pid/X#PCINIT.D] PARSE WARNING at line 5482 column 1-44
Near Text: )
    [ReallyForceSpell] argument [CLERIC_RESIST_COLD] not found in [Spell.IDS]
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...

Edited by Lauriel

@jastey, report #2 on installation: CD Tweaks errors

There were 3 CD Tweaks errors during installation.  2 of them I wouldn't know if they were introduced via the new BG1 NPC mod or not because I had never selected those options before.  However, the third I know is new.  I've selected that option every time I've installed EET previously and never had an issue with it.

Spoiler

Installing [Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)] [v9]
Copying and patching 14486 files ...
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 314 of 218-byte file C#GRTOO4.ITM
ERROR: [C#GRTOO4.ITM] -> [override/C#GRTOO4.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("C#GRTOO4.ITM: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   8 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2010.
Uninstalled      8 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2010.
ERROR: Failure("C#GRTOO4.ITM: read out of bounds")

=========================================================================================

Install Component [Alter Weapon Proficiency System]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
 2] BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg)
 3] BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, Without Weapon Styles (the bigg)
 4] IWD-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles
 5] IWD-Style Proficiencies without Weapon Styles

Installing [Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg)] [v9]

This step may take a few moments ...
Copying and patching 14511 files ...
ERROR: [C#GRTOO4.ITM] -> [override/C#GRTOO4.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("C#GRTOO4.ITM: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1135 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2161.
Uninstalled    1135 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2161.
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-CDTWEAKS.DEBUG and look for support at: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34
Using Language [English]

=====================================================================================================

Install Component [Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight] [v9]
Copying and patching 5872 files ...

ERROR Installing [Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.
Uninstalled      0 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2220.
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-CDTWEAKS.DEBUG and look for support at: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34
Using Language [English]

Edited by Lauriel
Fixed typos

@jastey changes to installation that may affect introduced errors in CD Tweaks.  I also installed Grey the Dog this time around for the first time.  That's the only change to my normal installation.  I probably shouldn't have done that, but I want the dog....

Edited by Lauriel
Added tags

@jastey Issues with the Prologue:

Initial meeting with Alex has his name replaced with the sentence:
    Well, lass, turns out there is indeed a solution... if you're interested.

Sister Sapientia's name was replaced with the sentence:
    I... not long ago I had to stalk through the catacombs under my old home, killing beasts with the faces of everyone I ever loved.

That's all for now.  I went through Chapter 1 (quickly) and didn't notice anything hinkey other than what I've posted.  I'm eager to return to working on Transitions, so this is it for a while unless there are certain portions you especially want me to test.

3 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Initial meeting with Alex has his name replaced with the sentence:
    Well, lass, turns out there is indeed a solution... if you're interested.

Sister Sapientia's name was replaced with the sentence:
    I... not long ago I had to stalk through the catacombs under my old home, killing beasts with the faces of everyone I ever loved.

This is a report for bg1re, but I am always a bit reluctant when it comes to text mixups from texts that are added by the mods itself and worked everywhere else correctly. I checked the mod files and the text lines quoted are lines from the mod iteself from other components, but there is really no reason (tra numbers do not match etcpp) why they should replace each other, and installed to my EET the names show fine.

I do think this is a mixup in your game. First question: did you plug in your printer You did start a new game after installing?

EDIT: second test: if you cheat in a new RE1Alec.cre via console, what does his name say?

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

I do think this is a mixup in your game. First question: did you plug in your printer You did start a new game after installing?

No, actually I didn't.  I started with the prologue of my previous game.  I'll redo...

3 minutes ago, Lauriel said:
6 minutes ago, jastey said:

No, actually I didn't.  I started with the prologue of my previous game.  I'll redo...

That was it.  I restarted the from scratch and the names were fine.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, jastey said:

@jastey, I just now caught the 'did you plug in your printer' comment.  LOL  That's hilarious!  Yes, always start with the dumb stupid questions when dealing with a newb. LOL  Love it!

I just got a heart attack because I thought the whole thread is new and there was like a bug report in every post! 😅

3 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Yes, always start with the dumb stupid questions when dealing with a newb.

Yeah, that was like "I know this might be a dumb question but I need to ask this anyhow"- Problem is, sometimes I don't know whether people are noobs or not. "Did you start a new game after setting up a newly modded game?" might be an insulting question to an old Megamod veteran who knows that this of course scrumbles up texts, but something completely new to someone playing a modded IE game who never had this problem with other games.

(There is also the case of sockets that you can turn on and off. They are not common in Germany. "My devide soesn't work" is fun to debug on phone if the customer doesn't realize the socket is without power!)

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

I just got a heart attack because I thought the whole thread is new and there was like a bug report in every post!

Oops!  What a way to start the day, huh?  Sorry about that. :)   I just thought it was too funny to pass up. :)