Average game-days between Caelar elite attack and Trial

For my Transitions mod for EET, I'm setting up timers so I know when to start world events.  So far, I have:

1. Game-days between Sarevok's death and Korlasz Dungeon start = 10 days (as per game files)
  2. Korlasz Dungeon to  Caelar Elite attack in the palace = 14 days then clock moved to 11pm so may be another full day (as per game files)

The next 2 are just me taking stabs in the dark:

1. From that initial attack to the murder =? 14 days
  2. From the murder to the trial =? 3 days of travel time

This is just for default outer limits of allotted game play time before moving on to BG2 if the PC isn't participating in SoD events and hasn't moved on to BG2.  Anyone have a different reckoning?

Note: I will allow for no limits, of course, but it's more real if they are in place, I think.

EDIT: Found an old save game (luckily) where the trial was on day 50.  So I'll use that and work backwards for my timers.

Edited by Lauriel

Then I guess they'd be arrested soon after they came back

EDIT: or they wouldn't install the timers, since they are optional, or they'd do that quest before Sarevok.

NOTE:  But I will check out sailing times

Edited by Lauriel
41 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

What if player uses the Endless BG1 mod and goes to Werewolf Island before Korlasz’ dungeon? That could take weeks, or months. 

Since Transitions is alike to Endless in that it allows for quests to be done after Sarevok is dead, this question isn't dependent upon that mod being installed.  Sailing times for this quest are 25 days there and 22 days back and I'd say at least one day of exploring.  So that would put you a week over the time limit that I am proposing.  Unless there is a better estimation of the time from the first Caelar elite attack and the murder, this quest would result in the PC being arrested soon after setting foot off the boat, although I have a condition in the mod already that they're not harassed in UB or Dulgar's Tower until the demon is dead.  For obvious reasons, they can't be harassed in the ice or werewolf islands.

Optionally, I can add a 'time doesn't run out until demon is dead' component.  That way they could travel outside of UB (and Dulgar's Tower). That's very artificial, but it would make it more flexible which is what I'm trying to add to the game as it is.

Now...onto my original question:  Is two in-game weeks a good approximation for completion of SoD between the attacks and the murder?

Probably more? I don’t recall if the march time from BG to the first bridge is mentioned. But I rested about 3-6 tomes there, then there’s a ten-day march to Bridgfort that happens via cut-scene. Then you play the rest of the game, which could easily involve a dozen rests. So, two weeks plus the initial travel time would the minimum. 

6 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Found an old save game (luckily) where the trial was on day 50.  So I'll use that and work backwards for my timers.

Yeah, I had edited my original post.  I don't know however, if game time is incremented during the travel cut scene in SoD like it was for going to the werewolf island.  If not, I'll have to account for that.  I'll check it out.

Thanks for the input, @subtledoctor! :)

I'll also allow for ignoring timers while in the game vs just at install time.  Like a dialogue option with Duke Belt along the lines of ... Caelar doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.  That will mean that the player has to use Duke Belt or the custom item he gives the PC to advance the game.

There's also the getting of the sea charts to take into consideration.  The area they are located in aren't available after the Caelar elite attack because that's when the SoD version of Baldur's Gate goes into affect.  This happens on day 25, approximately.  I can always make an alternative method of getting them, I suppose.

I think the way to work this is to figure out a way to imitate a 'pause timer' if they get on the ship.

This may have to wait until version 2 of the mod.  It's a lot of work for just a little realism.