EET Install issue

Greetings all. I have installed EET several times in the past but recently wiped this laptop and started the laborious task of re-installing all of my games/mods. 

Anyway, I just completed installing EET and it pretty much went off without a hitch, I had to manually install a couple mods through the installation of EET. Then, EET finished and gave me the happy face at the top and told me I could exit. I did so but there is no EET icon on the desktop or in the BG1 folder or in the BG2 folder. I started up the BG2 game from the folder and it does not give me the option of selecting chapters to start the EET game.

I am not sure about what to do next. Is there someplace that EET installs to other than BG1 or BG2 folders. The drive is not sectioned off into separate drives so I just have it as /C: 

Any ideas on why the install, that took hours to do and finish, but does not give me the option to start the EET.exe. Only the standard BGEE.exe & BG2EE.exe are visible and working.

Thanks for your time.

v/r,

Mereinid

Guest mmmmme2

Same problem. I dont even see any extra growth to the map. Im really unsure what it changed. If anyone got a solution for us.

Kinda sad since it took hours to install.

Which OS version do you use ? And where did you install the EET to ? Yes, the EET gives you an option that you can bring data from BG1 and BG2 into a new folder and combine both... and it gives you an option to use the BG2 folder as well. (the sentence might need a few more EE's...)

Now, that said, this:

Any ideas on why the install, that took hours to do and finish, but does not give me the option to start the EET.exe. Only the standard BGEE.exe & BG2EE.exe are visible and working.

Seems very suspect, cause they are not named as such... what I think is ...

Anywhay, to actually solve actual problems you might have, here's a few hints:

Get legitimate games, install the mod from the genuine source, and if you are on Windows 10 and use the C drive, know that you need to install the game to your profile files folders, here:

C:\Users\<windows username>\<games folder>\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition -for example. The reason why that is is that you don't have overwrite permissions in any of the other folders in the C drive, which you need for modification programs like weidu that you install the mod with.