Hit points!

Meira

Inspired by thought provoking discussion at PPG I have re-scaled Amber's hitpoints to following:

Level 6 / 10: HP total is 77

Level 6 / 12: HP total is 83

Level 6 / 14: HP total is 89

Level 6 / 15: HP total is 92

(Amber gets +1 / level from con)

Which equal as 80 % of the maximum HPs that she could get.

So the character sheet screenshot is outdated on that aspect. :bday: To tell the truth I had not paid much attention how many hitpoints Amber had come up with and it's quite possible that while we use core rules at BG2, she had been treated with max hitpoints/level in BG1 (that was used to create those 6 fighter levels).

Well this makes the mod even better (for me at least).

Glad to see that the work is going on. Amber is one of the very few NPC mods I consider to be well done (from what I know at the moment that is :bday: )

One question by the way: I read about the features on Amber's homepage and would like to know why the tiefling as playable race has been discarded.

Thanks in advance

______

Alex

Because like a drow protagonist a tiefling would certainly cause different reaction in other NPCs (including and especially in Amber) than 'ordinary' races. So, not only I would have to write a bunch of extra talks for Amber, many existing game dialogues would need to be tweaked. If one would like to do it properly that is. And that's just waaaay too much work. :D

Plus tieflings are supposed to be rare at prime material plane... :p

Thanks for your kind comments, I hope you'll not be disappointed. :bday:

Glad to see that the work is going on. Amber is one of the very few NPC mods I consider to be well done (from what I know at the moment that is :bday: )

I agree. For example, Amber's homepage is, without a doubt, one of the best (if not THE best) and most informative NPC homepages I've seen thus far, so if that's any indicator at all, I believe we are in for a treat with her. IMO, attention to little details is one of the things that really distinguishes great modules from mediocre ones - and Amber's homepage has details a-plenty.

Archived