MoveToCampaign - How is campaign stored?

Lauriel

I knew this was going to become an issue...and it has.  I don't use MoveToCampaign("SoD") to start off SoD because I don't want to be poofed to Korlasz's dungeon again.  By the time I start SoD, Korlasz is finished.  But I need the game to automatically use everything else that it would use if I had used MoveToCampaign("SoD").

Is which campaign is being used stored in a global somewhere? 

The campaign name is stored in the baldur.gam (offset 94 h), but I don't know of a way to check the current campaign in-game. The closest check is probably a chapter check. If you want to add an artificial marker whether SoD campaign has already started I'd suggest to set a variable by the SoD-specific global script (bdbaldur.bcs).

To redefine starting location for the new campaign look for the entry defined by column "STARTARE" in CAMPAIGN.2DA. It points to the 2DA file containing starting area information.

Edited by argent77
2 hours ago, argent77 said:

To redefine starting location for the new campaign look for the entry defined by column "STARTARE" in CAMPAIGN.2DA. It points to the 2DA file containing starting area information.

This is what I ended up doing.  I needed to have dialogue files set up properly without going to Korlasz dungeon.  I added a line to the campaign.2da with a new campaign with just the starting area different.  Thanks!  😀

Edited by Lauriel