Effect 290, option 1

temnix

With option (parameter) 0 this opcode changes the class title on the character record screen and in the inventory. But I don't see any changes with option 1, no matter what I enter in the Special field, or nothing at all. Does it even work?

Oh, hi, kjeron. Wait a minute, they alter the class name everywhere? Option 0, too? I thought, and was hoping, that the change would be restricted to the character screen and the inventory. It's the only way I know to display some other info about a character. Class isn't important to show, we all know what class everyone is. But if it gets replaced everywhere, in every reference... What I'm really after is displaying a token somewhere, to be filled in with a global. Like this, actually: SetTokenGlobal("MYGOLD","LOCALS","DISPLAY"). If I replace the class name with the token, I can show the amount of gold the character carries, after a couple of convulsions out of sight. The content doesn't get updated dynamically, though. Any alternatives?