Create interval saves on Linux appends to a wrong file name/path

I've noticed some time ago that the component to create interval saves doesn't work for me. I've never payed much attention, as it's just a convenience, but I think I've found the reason: It doesn't append to "$HOME/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Baldur.lua", but instead to the directory and file name all lowercased. I've found this contents there, on "baldur.lua" (lowercase):

SetPrivateProfileString('Script','IntervalSaveEnabled','1')
SetPrivateProfileString('Script','IntervalSaveCombat','0')

But those are in the wrong file and file path. The game creates both directory and file name with mixed case.

I've looked at the code, and it I see it just uses "~%USER_DIRECTORY%/Baldur.lua~", which seems correct. WeiDU's doc also seems correct in how it seems to define %USER_DIRECTORY%.

Is there anything I can do, or should I report this to WeiDU's project?

Thank you.

The Linux version of WeiDU lowercases all paths by default, which includes the path to the home directory.

The issue is most likely that, even if the home directory itself has been made case-insensitive, the path *to* the home directory must also not contain any uppercase letters. As a workaround it could work to create a soft link to "$HOME/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" with only lowercase characters in the path name.

Edit: Another option could be to edit the home folder name of the game to all lowercase in the engine.lua file which can be found in the installation directory of the game.

Edited by argent77