Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About suy

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you very much! FWIW, in case it helps, seems that the "jimfix" mod included some change to address a similar issue with the Shield of Reflection: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66358/mod-jimfix-ascension-scs-fixes-general-tweaks https://github.com/AnotherDole/Jimfix I wish I could have helped more, but my skills with NearInfinity and projectiles are not enough for this.
  2. Hello. I would like to tune a bit the Monk class, and the first and easiest thing I would like to do is balance the progression of damage, enchantment and APR of the unarmed damage (and probably something about using weapons as well). I don't know yet how I want to change it, so I'm just exploring what it's possible. For now I don't want to go too radical, just editing files a bit, and balance the DPS. First, this is what I've found: monkfist.2da: Controls the fist item that the monk has equipped as Fist at any given level. MFIST1.ITM, MFIST2.ITM, etc. profs.2da: Controls the amount of proficiency points gained at first level and the amount of levels needed to gain another proficiency point. weapprof.2da: Controls the amount of proficiency points that a class/kit can allocate in a certain weapon or weapon style. wspatck.2da: Controls the extra attacks per round given class level and number of proficiency points. clswpbon.2da: Controls which classes can get extra APR from the previous table, and how many levels are needed to gain half attack per round with fists. Feel free to correct if anything above is wrong. Now, the questions: I've not found where the cap of 4 APR with the Fist is defined, so should I assume is an engine limit? I've read that without Haste or Whirlwind, there is a limit of 5 APR, so if one has to be the off-hand, that would explain it. Is there any workaround? Can some granted spell increase the number of attacks, or should it go through some kind of innate haste-like effect? Why the MFIST*.ITM items have the flags they have, and what could be changed? The default is that only one bit is active, the one that in NearInfinity shows as "Fake two-handed" and in IESDP is named "force two-handed animation". Removing it the punches and kicks animations goes away, but equipping an off-hand weapon, which is possible, also changes that. I wanted to make it a proper 2-handed weapon (like a spear, for example), that disallowed the off-hand weapon when using the fist, but still allowed dual wielding, but I failed. Enabling on the fist the "Two-Handed" flag that is true in real two-handed weapons, doesn't seem to behave the same (with or without the default bit on). It disallows equipping anything in the off-hand, in any circumstance, with the "Two-handed weapon equipped" error message, so I could not dual wield at all. I tried to find out if the fist is somehow permanently equipped, but it doesn't seem so: I gave it critical hit protection, and equipping a sword in the main hand, the critical hit protection is gone. I think that's all for now. Thank you!
  3. Hello. I've noticed a certain inconsistency in Physical Mirror in BG1EE with SCS v32.7, and using the component to bring the IWD spells into BG. I've faced Amarande in Cloakwood, and I've noticed the following. He gets the "cast previously" version of Physical Mirror. He gets the expected behaviour with the ranged missiles. He reflects back a Melf's Acid Arrow spell. I don't know if this is intended or not, but since the arrow is conjured (per spell's school), might make sense. He DOES NOT reflect a Magic Missile (expected, I suppose). He DOES NOT reflect a Flame Arrow. I don't know if this is intended or not, but I think it's inconsistent with point 3, as is a Conjuration spell as well. I've tried with the only other installation that I have at hand, which is BG2EE with SCS v32.2. In this case, the spell cast by the player DOES reflect Melf's Acid Arrow and Flame Arrow. I've tried to look in NearInfinity to understand what could be going on, but I don't know enough. I've seen a list of effects applying to different projectiles, but I've not been able to find the projectiles of the spells. I don't know if this issue could be because of the different version of the spell (I've seen that there are "copies" of the normal spell and the "previously cast" one), or because of the IWD component that moves the spell one level below. The XP cap prevents me to try the spell in my party in BG1EE. Thank you for this great mod! weidu.log
  4. I've also reproduced the auto-leveling bug in v32.7 in BG1EE. One odd thing, though, is that I've been able to avoid it by trying to make the character join in a different way. That has worked for me for several characters which triggered the issue. I'm not sure what was different, but I tried to reload, talk to a different NPC before, use a different dialog option, etc. I wasn't able to make it work for Baeloth, though. He keeps the max XP issue. Not a big deal, though. The awesome customization feature is adding a lot of replayability to the game for me!
  5. In case it helps, I can reproduce this. I can select the ability, but I don't see any effect. Attaching my weidu.log. Let me know if I can help reproducing it.
  6. In case it helps, I can reproduce this. Attaching my weidu.log. Let me know if I can help reproducing it.
  7. Thanks for this explanation. I also see that the README of SCS v32 now states that it's better to install SCS after Item Randomiser. Awesome.
  • Create New...