Adding soundsets to the EEs using the EE Soundset Tool

Guest Hayabusa

Yes I am on 2.6.6.0 for all games. I just delete all my baldur's gate files and reinstall, it work now, I thing it was a modif I did in the past that cause the problem. I need to do the same with Icewindale i think

On 1/8/2024 at 12:29 PM, CamDawg said:

Are you on v2.6?

Hello! I seem to be having a similar issue. I managed to install a soundset as a little test mod in BG:EE a few months ago, but now I'm trying to install it on BG2:EE and the same message appears. I'm also using version 2.6.6.0. The exact same message appears for me, except it says " but I was only given 48 things to append" instead. 

I just copied the folder and the setup file into my BG2 directory. Not sure if that's the cause. I'm very technologically-challenged so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I'd appreciate any help.

Hi!

Does this guide work for soundset customization in oBGT? or are there guides that work for showing how to do that? I downloaded some soundset mods for bg2 from socerer's place and it seems the basic naming convention between ee soundsets and oBG2's are apparently the same

i tried going the rounds with google but i cannot find if there is a specification on the file format of the soundsets for oBGT /oBG2.

can I assume the oBG2 engine basically play any soundset format as long as the computer recognizes and can play it caused people no trouble , or are there some caveats?

is it possible e.g., to take out the soundset files from, 

Awesome Soundsets Vol. 2 - Spellhold Studios (shsforums.net) (meant for ee)

and after having made sure the filenames are correct, directly place it into /sound folder in a standard oBGT / oBG2 game setup? or is audio conversion still needed?

2 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

..., directly place it into /sound folder in a standard oBGT / oBG2 game setup? or is audio conversion still needed?

Pretty sure those will work as is. Though if they are in the games folder, they will make the games start loading time longer, as it's a media files, that the game needs to load. One way to fix that is to .bif the media files. Using the Generalized Biffing... yes, we came back to that mod, and to why to .bif large files at all.
In the EE games, this is completely unnessasary as the game engine was upgraded ... but the problem is with the old engine that is in the oBG2/oBGT-weidu.

28 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Pretty sure those will work as is. Though if they are in the games folder, they will make the games start loading time longer, as it's a media files, that the game needs to load. One way to fix that is to .bif the media files. Using the Generalized Biffing... yes, we came back to that mod, and to why to .bif large files at all.
In the EE games, this is completely unnessasary as the game engine was upgraded ... but the problem is with the old engine that is in the oBG2/oBGT-weidu.

ty!

On 5/23/2024 at 12:32 PM, shaneselva said:

I'm working on a soundset using Dota 2 character voiceovers but encountering an issue. 

I followed the steps using the tool, and while the audio works perfectly in-game, the scripts are not displaying. 
There is no text for the dialogues.

Could someone test it to help me identify what's wrong? 
Thank you!

Link to file GoogleDrive

FIXED. I figured out the issue. I have the selection text disable at the settings..

image.png