Silver dragon files

Updated

Silver dragons in BG2 are more like pewter dragons. This gives them a shining look and a more or less matching appearance to the armor made from their scales.

Silver.jpg

The graphical replacements will go into any game, but specially in BG2 Adalon and all of the other silver dragons will drop silver scales. In EE games dragon scales of all types have been made stealable, too. It is a tall order to sneak up on a dragon to pluck some scales off him, and thievery on this epic scale calls for some very high points in Pick Pockets. How scales from other dragons have been obtained, by stealth or cut from their dead bodies, makes no practical difference, but in the case of silver dragon scales it does: the armor from peacefully taken scales can be worn by characters of good alignment. Cespenar the imp can make both types of armor, but Cromwell in Athkatla can also be persuaded to forge a suit from either type. This requires high personal charisma and high reputation.

P. S. I won't object if someone with Siege of Dragonspear makes a change to the script of Morentherene, the sleeping green dragon, so that she does not wake to the approach of characters in stealth. Stealing scales from a dormant dragon should make for an interesting adventure.

Download

Edited by temnix

One thing to note about that Morentherene idea: the "Thieving" action forces visibility. You might be stealthed before you try it, but certainly not after you grab something. Which means the dragon wakes, and you'd better have an exit strategy.

Also, how did you get around the other problem with stealing from dragons - that they're just too big? I've tried before, and failed to even perform the action because my thief couldn't get close enough before being stopped by their ground circle.

You are right: the circle, or rather something about the character of the animations, has made stealing impossible. I'm putting up an update that decreases dragons' personal space, but that has to be done with an effect that exists only in the Enhanced Edition. It can't be done by changing animations' INI files. Stealing from dragons will be possible, then, only for EE players. Adalon will still drop scales and Cromwell will still make the armor for "classic" engine's players. As for Morentherene, the thing that would make the most sense is to check not for invisibility but for a certain level of Move Silently. That's my tip. You are on your own for everything else.