DESTSELF.EFF

temnix

I'm interested in whether this EFF, which is used in many creature-removing spells, for cutscenes, I think, and so on, and also by the Detect Illusions skill, is ever applied to creatures whose death variable must not be set. Is it ever used to do away with, let's say, Bodhi in one chapter of Shadows of Amn, before Bodhi is created somewhere later? If it is, then this EFF file should not be configured to involve the death of the creature, because a check for a dead Bodhi may be made before the party fights her, and this may mess up quests. If this sort of thing never actually happens, I'm going to edit the EFF to cast a spell that will kill the target without a message and then remove it. This way dispelled illusionary creatures will still count as dead to quest-givers instead of just disappearing. There are almost no illusionary creatures in the games, but I'm going to make an ability where one can be "discovered" to be an illusion. With a killing EFF this creature, if it is important, can still be dispelled.