Temporarily Disable Hide in Plain Sight

Hello,

As you can see from my previous topic, I'm interested in Hide in Shadows mechanic. This question is a bit different from the previous one, so I decided to create a new topic.

Can I somehow prevent Shadowdancers from hiding in plain sight until they get to a certain level or get a certain weapon? I know HiPS is hard coded to kit ID and I would like to avoid modifying kit of my character, but do something like maybe dispelling the invisibility immediately if enemy is in range. Is such thing possible? And if soz then how can it be achieved?

Edited by SparrowJacek

You could switch them out of the kit through a script. Make them into ordinary thieves. Then switch them back in. This would take a custom spell that summons an invisible minion on the target, using a Summon creature EFF with some gibberish like fsdsd in the Parameter2 field to avoid the default puff of smoke. The second spell would call a second minion reversing the change. And you would need a line added to the kit's CLAB.... .2DA file, whatever it's called, with the first spell as the class ability for the 1st level and the second for the level you want them to be able to start hiding. This would make shadowdancers into something like a prestige class from the 3rd edition of D&D. Come to think of it, any kit could be made available as an alternative development venue at a certain level instead of from the get-go. Why can't a mage decide to specialize in invocation at, say, level 5?

I don't know why you want to nerf your own game, though. If the kit feels too powerful early on, you can just not click on the button when the enemies are near.