Can someone take a look at my classic bgt install order please?

I decided to return to classic bgt after encounter graphic glitches in bg2ee. I had a bad experience with modding bgt before tho and i wish i could borrow some of your wisdom.
tobex, tobex afterlife
bg2fixpack
bgt
ascension
bg1 npc project
bg1unfinished business
unfinished business
the caliing- exotic item pack
1pp
Item Revisions (main component)
Spell Revisions
tweak anthology
tweaks and tricks
AC's Miscellaneous Tweaks
atweaks
Sword Coast Stratagems
change bgt bgm to bg1's
wide screen-1280x720, 1366x768, 1600x900
bg2-improved-gui
lv1 npcs
the bigg biffing

Hello

Have a look at the big world project pdf over at spell hold. The newest version, 19.2, does put the calling in an odd place though for some reason.

Are you using PI to install everything or are you doing it manually? If using PI I've got sorting orders based in the 4 most recent versiins of bwp, if that's any help.

37 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

Hello

Have a look at the big world project pdf over at spell hold. The newest version, 19.2, does put the calling in an odd place though for some reason.

Are you using PI to install everything or are you doing it manually? If using PI I've got sorting orders based in the 4 most recent versiins of bwp, if that's any help.

What is the big world project? I thought it was a megamod one-button installation package. I looked up the pdf a while ago and I dont know how to look up mod order recommendations or anything like that. How do you find mod installation order in such a big list of mods?

I am doing it manually. i thought PI was for experienced players who want to have a function to store and alter their mod order more conveniently and it asuumes they already know the mod order proper? Could it help a beginner sort mod order too?

Edited by jacklhoward

@jacklhoward yeah it is a auto mega mod installer but I use the pdf to create a sorting order to use with PI. All because I wanted multi-class grand mastery (super cheese but my game so who cares.)

Project Infinity is, I find, really useful for installing stuff. It does take a little getting used to, and you'll want to take a little time to get everything in the right folders and all set-up ready t ogo. But once you are sorted it makes things so much easier.

Once you've got the mods you want to use downloaded and extracted into a folder, point PI at it and it'll show you all the options, select what you want then apply sorting order, which can take a little while. This is your installation sequence, copy and paste that into a notepad doc.

The main issue with a BGT install is that the setup-GUI options are created by BGT itself so you'll need to split the install slightly. You install up to and including BGT then add the gui line into the remaining install sequence.

I don't think i've explained that too well. I have to go out now but i'll try and write up what i do properly later on.

Give the bwp pdf and PI a look. It takes a little while to get it all sorted but once you've got it working it is really good.

And I have sorting orders made so can upload if you want.

Edited by Nathan82
43 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

@jacklhoward yeah it is a auto mega mod installer but I use the pdf to create a sorting order to use with PI. All because I wanted multi-class grand mastery (super cheese but my game so who cares.)

Project Infinity is, I find, really useful for installing stuff. It does take a little getting used to, and you'll want to take a little time to get everything in the right folders and all set-up ready t ogo. But once you are sorted it makes things so much easier.

Once you've got the mods you want to use downloaded and extracted into a folder, point PI at it and it'll show you all the options, select what you want then apply sorting order, which can take a little while. This is your installation sequence, copy and paste that into a notepad doc.

The main issue with a BGT install is that the setup-GUI options are created by BGT itself so you'll need to split the install slightly. You install up to and including BGT then add the gui line into the remaining install sequence.

I don't think i've explained that too well. I have to go out now but i'll try and write up what i do properly later on.

Give the bwp pdf and PI a look. It takes a little while to get it all sorted but once you've got it working it is really good.

And I have sorting orders made so can upload if you want.

thanks so much. also can PI autosort mods like wyre bash does to skyrim and oblivion?

could you also elaborate on installing improved bg2 gui plz?

@jacklhoward

Hello again

It's probably worth giving the start of the BWP pdf a read and having a look at these if you haven't already, they helped me a lot.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41036-faq-for-the-megamods/

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74335/project-infinity-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-icewind-dale-planescape-torment-and-eet

You could just use the BiG World Install pack. It works fine but you don't have as much choice in which mod components get installed as you do if you use Project Infinity. You can try editing the batch file, as described in the pdf (The Calling is in an odd place in 19.2 so you might want to try moving it to where it used to be).

If you want to try using PI, this is what I do. Im not saying its the best way but it works for me.

Install both games outside of \program files, patch them and then start a new game for each one.
Create a \extracted mods folder
Extract all the mods you want to use into it.
Create back-ups of Baldur's Gate and BGII
Start Project Infinity.
Add the relevant file paths of your installed games and extracted mods folder
Expand out each mod and select the components you want in the 'Install Order' pane.
Click the 'Set-Install Sequence' button
Copy everything in the Install sequence pane into a notepad document and save it as something like 'mods selected', it's useful to have but probably unnecessary.
Select the sorting order .csv file you want to use.
Click the 'Apply-SortingOrder' Button and wait a while, the more stuff in your install sequence the longer this will take.
You should then have a sorted install sequence.
Copy that into another notepad document, this is necessary.

This is the slightly fiddly bit.
BGT creates a couple of .tp2 files and exe's - setup-GUI and Setup-BGTMusic and therefore you won't have entries for them in your install sequence so they won't get installed as you won't of been able to select them.
Empty the 'Install Sequence' pane, then from your notepad doc copy all the lines up to and including bgt:0:Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
Paste that into PI and click 'Start-Installation'
Wait for that to finish, you might need to make a couple of selections for component options.
Once thats finished change the Extracted mods path to your BGII game and you should then have setup GUI and  BGTMusic listed in the pane on the left. Select then bits you want and click 'Set Installation Sequence'.
You'll then need to copy and paste these 2 lines into the remainder of your installation sequence in the right place (check the pdf) or copy them and the remaining install sequence into the Install Sequence pane and apply the sorting order again.
Then just click Start-Installation again and it will finish installing everything else.
Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.
I've attached my most recent sorting order file. It's based on BWP pdf 19.2  which is Leonardo's hard work i just made a .csv file out of his PDF.

BWPv19.2a sorting order.7z

Edited by Nathan82