Items from "Create inventory item" can't be stolen

I wanted to add some treasure to NPC, on an individual basis, to make them more interesting targets for pickpocketing, and I equipped them with effects 122, "Create inventory item," with some random chances. But it turns out that the items are unstealable, both  the ones created directly and the ones RNDTRE placeholders turn into. They can be moved around, sold, everything else, but never lifted from pockets.

I knew that GiveItem and GiveItemCreate script actions set the "can't be stolen" flag. That the opcode does it too ... not surprising, really. They're probably all using the same thing under the hood.

... This does seem like something that the IESDP should mention, though. It doesn't do so currently, for any of the item creation/transfer entries.

How about TakeCreatureItems? Anyway, I don't know if they set the flag or there is some other reason. Someone would have to create an item and use SetItemFlags to unset NOTSTEALABLE, then try pickpocketing.