Creature Script Detection of Defensive harmony

I am trying to detect if a creature has the Defensive harmony bonus applied to them. There is no state or spell state that is applied when the spell is cast, but however a 'proficiency' is modified and is set to 1.

I had tried to detect this with the following script but the execution happens constantly until all instances of this spell are depleted.  Why can't i detect this spell specifically?  Any way around this?
Script:

// Defensive Harmony
IF
	CheckStat(Myself, 0, CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)
	HaveSpell(CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)
	THEN
		RESPONSE	#100
		Spell(Myself, CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)
END

I have also tried with !CheckStat(Myself, 1, CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY) also with LT/GT and nothing works for me. I also tried using the id found in the STATS.IDS file for CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY, which was 133.  This did not work either.

Guest morpheus562

If you have near infinity, I recommend going into the Defensive Harmony spell to ensure it is applying opcode 233 appropriately. Do you have detectable spells installed? Probably pedantic, but there shouldn't be any spaces in:

CheckStat(Myself,0,CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)
10 minutes ago, Bubb said:

That block works fine on my end. Maybe another mod is messing with the stat?

Interesting... I don't have many mods installed and ones that shouldn't be messing with that stats in that way.

I use:
Dlcmerge
Dragonspear UI++
hiddengameplayoptions

and my own mod currently.  my own mod is the only one that messes with items, but it is only making new items or patching existing ones. I don't mess with internal stats and stuff in mine.

5 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

If you have near infinity, I recommend going into the Defensive Harmony spell to ensure it is applying opcode 233 appropriately. Do you have detectable spells installed? Probably pedantic, but there shouldn't be any spaces in:

CheckStat(Myself,0,CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)

I used near infinity to find the opcode in the first place.  I checked a save where i had previously cast it and can locate it on the creature.
image.thumb.png.ca422a3cf782ffee46c2d9ade9e595a0.png

Also, I am like 99% sure that whitespace is ignored in this language.  I have HUNDREDS of lines of other code that works properly with spaces between the parameters.

Guest morpheus562

hmm...let me think. Do you have DS installed? What other spells are active on your character?

You are showing us the baf file before it is compiled. What does the .bcs/.bs file look like?

Edited by morpheus562
3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Maybe the stat doesn't detect as zero if it is not applied? I guess you could try

CheckStatLT(Myself,1,CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)

or

!CheckStat(Myself,1,CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY)

and/or replace "CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY" with "133" to keep it simple.

Yeah I actually started with !CheckState as mentioned in post, along with just using 133.  My brain doesn't know off hand what 133 is but CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY makes more sense to my non-cyber brain. :D I thought there may be a conflict but it doesn't seem so.

2 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

hmm...let me think. Do you have DS installed? What other spells are active on your character?

You are showing us the baf file before it is compiled. What does the .bcs/.bs file look like?

I'm not sure what you mean by DS?  You mean SoD? I'm on the most recent version of the game, running from steam v 2.6.6.

I did forget to mention I am using this mod that messes with .PVRZ files, its the 'Denoised 4k' assets can't remember full name right now. But i don't think that would impact the IDS file or anything? The spell seems to act as intended for all intents and purposes. 

Maybe i'll just fully remove all mods and reinstall game and start fresh and see if i can get it to work.  If others are seeing the code work then I know its just something on my end and likely (as suggested) that either mods are changing something or something is broken on my end.

I'll check that and report back should it not work.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Shandalar said:

My brain doesn't know off hand what 133 is but CLERIC_DEFENSIVE_HARMONY

That is stat # 133 - which I gleaned from your screenshot :p  It’s possible the script works with the actual stat # but not the descriptive name. (Also make sure it is CheckStat, not CheckState

SoD, as well as EEs v2.0+ (?) in general, ships with DS package already built in.

18 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Maybe the stat doesn't detect as zero if it is not applied?

Nah, it works fine.

It’s possible the script works with the actual stat # but not the descriptive name.

Also nah, works with both.

Edited by Ardanis