Adalon's Blood Mod: Finish the skinner murders without killing Adalon

Kerzenburgforum

Adalon's Blood

Author: Gandalf the White

Coding and co-author: jastey

Adalon's Blood Modification is for Baldur's Gate II (BG2, BGT, BGII:EE, EET). It enables the player to ask Adalon for somewhat of her blood to end the 'skinner' murders in the Bridge District without having to kill her. This is mainly aimed at good aligned characters who want to finish the quest in a good way: to discover and eradicate the clients of the skinner and cleanse the armor in a temple.
Nevertheless, evil characters with CHAR of 18 or higher may also attempt to convince Adalon to sacrifice some of her blood. There is a 25% chance of success for them in deceiving the silver dragon.

CONTENT

+ New answer option with Fael inserted which allows a good character to accept the silver dragon blood-quest without having to play evil
+ Answer option with Adalon inserted which allows the PC to ask for some of her blood
+ Fight with the Aboleth in Usth Natha (after returning of Adalon's eggs)
+ Added option to hand over the human skin armor to a temple.

Mod Page and Download

Modthread at Kerzenburgforum (German)

Mod Thread at BeamDog's

Direct Download at GitHub

The mod updates to v15 with a Czech version and support for Project Infinity! Thank you Radim "Edvin" Klímek for the translation.

Changelog:
-added czech translation, by Radim "Edvin" Klímek
-added metadata ini and globally unique labels to support Project Infinity
-switched text format handling to HANDLE_CHARSETS + inconv.exe
-updated readmes / links

Hi @jastey, great looking mod - only just came across it after all this time! I have one quick question - any recommendation on where to install it your mod sequence? I'm currently thinking at the end after bigger mods like the Tweaks Anthology and system mods like EEex, HiddenGameplayOptions, Bubbs Spell-Menu-Extended, etc - to make sure they don't inadvertently break something in your mod by indirectly changing something? This is my current install and I'm going to wind it back and reinstall from start to insert your Adalon's Blood mod (and also OlvynSpells mod), with Adalon's installed last....:

1. The Tweaks Anthology (CDTweaks)
2. EEex
3. HiddenGameplayOptions
4. OlvynSpells
5. Spell-Menu-Extended
6. Enhanced Powergaming Scripts
7. SoD-to-BG2EE Item Upgrade
8. Adalon's Blood

Appreciate if you have any guidance on known issues with install sequence for it? And tanks for creating the mod!

@Mycenius Adalon's Blood is a (small) quest extension so best install it with quest mods - in your list that would be before tweaks Anthology.

EDIT: Looking at the list, I would put EEex first, the Adalon's Blood, and Tweaks Anthology last. Not sure about the other mods, either before or after TA.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

@Mycenius Adalon's Blood is a (small) quest extension so best install it with quest mods - in your list that would be before tweaks Anthology.

EDIT: Looking at the list, I would put EEex first, the Adalon's Blood, and Tweaks Anthology last. Not sure about the other mods, either before or after TA.

Thanks @jastey, yes I figured out first is probably the best option once I saw the readme file inside the zip. But good to have it reconfirmed thanks - just giving it a crack now.

Just as an aside, FWIW, for my BG EE install I do indeed do (after SOD & DLC Merger) the sequence of EEex > HiddenGameplayOptions > Spell-Menu-Extended > Tweaks Anthology; however for BG2 EE if I do that sequence it breaks my game install every single time (I've tried 4 different times, with fresh installs in clean directories, testing the game after each component installed - as soon as Tweaks is installed after EEex the game errors) - the only way I can get BG2 EE to install with EEex and Tweaks Anthology and run with no issues is the sequence above. So I'll just add Adalon's to the start of that for now. I have never bothered to dig into it more or get the Bubbs/EEex or Tweaks guys to look at my logs or anything because doing the sequence I do seems to work and I'm not finding any broken quests or event scripts in gameplay - so it seems to work okay...? I may give it another crack at a clean install after my current play through before next time I play...

Thanks for the prompt response.