A projectile issue

jmerry

I've spotted a couple of spells that have wrong projectiles in BGEE 2.6: Hell Hound Flame Breath (SPIN956, HELL_HOUND_FLAME) and mephit Flame Fan (SPIN938, MEPHIT_FLAME_FAN). The former isn't used in the standard campaign as far as I can tell, but the latter comes up in both SoD and the Black Pits from Fire Mephits.

These spells use projectile OneTarget_Range_07 in BGEE 2.6, while they use Burning_Hands_New in BG2EE 2.6. Both of these projectiles were newly created for patch 2.6. In BGEE/BG2EE 2.5, Flame Fan used the Aganazzar's Scorcher projectile and Hell Hound Flame Breath used the Burning Hands projectile.

Obviously, these fire abilities should have projectiles with visible fire; the invisible fireshield projectile is clearly wrong. I'm inclined to go with the new AoE Burning Hands projectile as they currently have in BG2EE. Note also that projectile numbering differs between BGEE and BG2EE due to the presence of SoD, so we can't just copy the number - reference MISSILE.IDS for correct numbering.

(I spotted this one due to my work on the dueling fireshield bug. These two spells showed up as false positives when searching for the projectiles, so I looked closer at them and found this.)