Feedback and Praise [split from [released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod]

Guest LBCI

Hi, Jastey,

I haven't been "part of the community" in like 15 years now. I've beta tested this mod back in the day and I remember giving you a lot of suggestions.

I never got to finish it, as back then it was not finished and the TOB part didn't exist.

Anyway... a week ago I got BG1+BG2 EE in Steam at a discount (haha!), so I'm playing those games again after 15 years... so many mods came out since then, but I chose to have a pretty "clean" install with only very few mods, and of course Ajantis was on my bucket list.

WOW, wow wow... I can say this is really the best romance mod out there. I always had a soft spot for paladins, but Ajantis is fantastic. He has strong convictions without being 100% annoying. The fact that CHARNAME can also have her own convictions (as a LN sorceress in her mid forties- that's the approach I'm taking here) without breaking the romance at any turn is also a testament to the flexibility of the mod.

I also saw a couple of suggestions I made back then 15 years ago made it into the mod.

But frankly, since then, you've added TONS of content. I'm enjoying this thoroughly.

As I said above, this time I'm taking the approach to the game as a LN sorceress in her mid forties. I never thought this would work for example having such a big age disparity with Imoen, or a closer age range to Gorion, but damn, it does. Somehow the chips have also fallen in the right place with the Ajantis mod, as "age" doesn't seem to be a problem if you want to RP it that way. The turn the convos have from the cougar-mid twenties guy with strong convictions in a relationship perspective are hilarious. His parents objections to the marriage are even more clear.

I still haven't finished the BG2 game, but CHARNAME and Ajantis got married yesterday, so let's see how the rest plays out. Very curious to see the developments in TOB.

Well this has been long, but I still have more... This time around I used AI to request a portrait. So, basically, this is what I requested "neo-classical style portrait, male paladin, long blonde hair, metal body armour, blue eyes, mid-twenties", and this is the image I got from the AI program. ❤️❤️❤️

https://imgur.com/lN9oJ05

(If you're interested, this is the lovely middle age sorceress Ajantis is in love with this time around, also made with AI, the request was "pre-raphaelite style portrait, John Everett Millais style, female wizard, long grey hair, tall pointy hat, blue clothing, brown eyes, early forties"

https://imgur.com/4Bvi83e

Thanks for the mod, Jastey, amazing work, I'm very glad I'm back playing BG1+BG2 EE after 15 years and I'm finally enjoying the complete mod!