EET - no final save?

I've been playing an EET install and I have a question about the end of BG1 to SoD transition. After I fight Sarevok I'm instantly ported to the SoD start dungeon with any remaining party members, the problem is I had some party members chunked, in the fight as well as dead ones. Now I enter SoD with half my party and the ones that are alive don't have any equipment. So I was bummed about this but then figured well nvm SoD, I'll just import the final save (which is normally generated automatically) and start BGII. Only to find out there is so final save (I guess this is due to EET?) is there anyway around this? I would much prefer to import the final save as was intended by the devs than an earlier one.. I don't understand why EET would need to change that, so I'm not even sure if it's an EET thing. Any help much appreciated...

The creation of a "final" save is actually in the area script for the area you fight Sarevok in:

IF
	Dead("Sarevok")  // Armored Figure
	Global("FinalFinalSave","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("FinalFinalSave","GLOBAL",1)
		ClearAllActions()
		MoveViewObject("Sarevok",INSTANT)  // Armored Figure
		SmallWait(1)
		SaveGame(2)
END

It's possible that EET removes this block, in which case you'd have to fall back on a different save.

But ... when importing from a save, BG2EE looks for BGEE saves. Can you see any saves from your EET playthrough on that BG2EE import screen? It's likely that all of the EET saves register as being from BG2EE, which makes importing that way impossible. You'd have to instead load up the save (in EET) and export the character(s), then do a character import to start BG2EE.

I re installed without any components from EEt tweaks and my xp for traps/lockpicking are still at BG1 values in BGII. I wanted to Dual class to thief so the plan was to get some 4easy xp from traps/locks which is not likely at the moment :p

Are there any other components in EET that affect xp rewards? I've checked and double checked my weidu log but nothing shows up that should affect it...

Edited by Billy_Pilgrim

EET doesn't remove or touch that block. If you installed EET with the EE Mod Messup however, then it is possible you ended up with another mod causing this.

An alternative solution is to throw EndlessBG1 and/or Transitions to delay the transfer however. These mods are missing from EE Mod Messup though.

I don't play with many mods so it's strange that it doesn't produce a final save. Apart from EET, I only install SCS, RR, adalons blood and some options from atweaks, as well as some random UI mods and original BGI movies...

I fixed the XP problem by removing XPBONUS.2da from override, I don't know why BGT insists on putting that in there, it seems redundant and isn't provided as an option anywhere.

Do you see any of your EET saves from the BG2EE (SoA) import screen? That looks for BGEE saves, and EET usually unifies things with the BG2EE engine...

Actually, if removing XPBONUS.2DA from the override reverts thieving/scroll XP to the BG2 standard, your EET install is definitely based on BG2EE. Which means that the import screen when starting BG2EE at the SoA campaign thinks all of your EET saves are BG2EE saves, and thus ineligible for the import process. That "final" save probably does exist, but the only way to import from it to the SoA campaign is to load it up in EET, export the character or characters you want to play with, and import those characters to a new game.

EET has it's own save folder, it updates engine.lua to use Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy.

The utility XP issue seems to be intended by EET. Personally I always install the progressive option from EET Tweaks instead. (Note that mod cannot change thief utility rewards based on the campaign progression but only based on the character level.)

Edited by Graion Dilach
12 hours ago, jmerry said:

Do you see any of your EET saves from the BG2EE (SoA) import screen? That looks for BGEE saves, and EET usually unifies things with the BG2EE engine...

Actually, if removing XPBONUS.2DA from the override reverts thieving/scroll XP to the BG2 standard, your EET install is definitely based on BG2EE. Which means that the import screen when starting BG2EE at the SoA campaign thinks all of your EET saves are BG2EE saves, and thus ineligible for the import process. That "final" save probably does exist, but the only way to import from it to the SoA campaign is to load it up in EET, export the character or characters you want to play with, and import those characters to a new game.

When I choose import from save, I do see the saves and I can import the MC from them (this is what I did), but there are no autosaves called "final save". I installed EET in the steam folders, and I've been starting it up by selecting BGII on my steam shortcuts, figuring it's basically a modded BG2 install. But should I have been booting it from the BGEET shortcut on desktop? I figured they both boot from the same baldur.exe in the BGII directory anyway....

Edited by Billy_Pilgrim