How to make it so that Grey is not immortal in 7th party member mode?

Guest Pellinore

Guest Pellinore

Hi Jastey.

First of all, thanks for the great mods. I am playing with quite a few of them right now. Notably, I am playing with both Grey and Brandock in 7th party member mode. I love to be able to control more than 6 characters all through the saga!

I do have one question though : is it possible to deactivate the script that prevents Grey and Brandock from dying, and could you tell me how? I don't mind using NearInfinity and figuring it out a little bit, but I could use some help.

The reason that I'm asking is that their immortality makes the game a little too easy. For example, you can use Grey as a tank, and enemies will focus on him and keep hitting him even after he reaches 1 hp and falls unconscious. Meanwwhile, your other characters can pelt them with arrows without any risk. I would rather that Grey and Brandock be allowed to die, just like familiars or summons. Would that be possible?

Thanks again!

Completely missed this. :blink:

The effect that makes the 7th party member unkillable is the spell "C#MIN5HP" which is cast upon the NPC upon changing into the 7th pmm in their override script. It is also granted again if enemies are spotted (because I had some glitches with them dying if teh HP were too low etc.).

Grey's override script is C#Grey.bcs. You can edit it via Near Infinity and remove any line saying

ReallyForceSpellRES("C#MIN5HP","C#Grey")

then the 5 min HP + healing + immunities will not be granted. I think that should suffice to lift the immortality.

OR you could just let him wait somewhere behind while the fight is going on. 🙂 The next version will have PID options to tell him to stay out of a fight.

Thanks for the kind words!