Troll spawn in d'Arnise Keep

Ok, here we go: There are spawn points in the d'Arnise Keep (e.g. ar1302, ar1303) which spawn DW#KPSPY.CRE. This cre has a script that spawns randomly trolls and ends with DestroySelf(). But it doesn't because for some reason, this cre has Imoen's belt equipped, to it can't die (DestroySelf is not working), so the cre spawns permanently trolls with a speed, that you nearly can't kill them with Ctrl+Y. And definitely not conventionally ;) So I guess this behavior is not intended. 

As SCS was the last installed mod, I don't think that another mod equipped it with Imoen's belt. Maybe another mod changed the belt so DestroySelf is not working. Well, I'm going to check this ;)

Well as I can't detect the "bird" it seems that DW#KPSPY.CRE is destroyed, but the spawn point I was watching (Ar1302, 708.631) has a max creature limit of 1, but is constantly creating trolls like the script (dw#spntr.bcs) should do. Other spawn points in the area show the same behavior. 

Edited by maus

Curious, my version of DW#KPSPY.CRE has both IMOENHP1.itm and a permanent #271 - disable creature set yet it functions as intended in its spawning + vanishing behavior, whether encountered in the keep or called by console.

This bug is obviously very rare, or other players would've reported it by now, considering how visible and game-breaking it is.

What's your OS? Which game, EE or classic? If EE what version?

DestroySelf() definitely ignores all normal immortality effects. It isn't any of the killing opcodes; it just removes the creature by sending it to nowhere. I doubt this bug you're experiencing has anything to do with the marker creature's items.

There is actually an opcode that behaves similarly - #168 "Remove Creature". And nothing grants immunity to that. It's used very sparingly, mainly for stuff like illusions getting popped.

Edited by jmerry
5 hours ago, jmerry said:

There is actually an opcode that behaves similarly - #168 "Remove Creature".

I just tested and a creature with permanent (timing mode 9) immunity to #168 in any case vanishes if instructed to DestroySelf() by script.

It should probably be noted that neither #168 nor the DestroySelf() set the creature's death variable, which is important to know if you're keeping track of who/what died and so shouldn't be used as an offensive effect against any unique creature (i.e those not summoned or illusionary).