Creatures with no Weapon Proficiencies

Pardon my ignorance, but I guess I need to go back to 2nd ed school.

If a creature has no weapon proficiencies, does its THAC0 suffer?

For example, a Kobold Commando has no proficiencies in Bow or Short Sword:

image.png.fbcbf6275aa50c37b70f068b585fe9bf.png

And according to the BG Wiki, there should be penalties:

"Equipped with a Shortbow and a Short Sword, they lack the related weapon proficiencies, thus having to deal with penalties to THAC0 and physical damage."

But I'm not seeing those reflected in the calculation:

image.png.ee839e3f1f36718919af8b63ac6acd5a.png

What am I missing?

Only creatures with a PC class take any penalties from a lack of a weapon proficiency; the penalty is defined in CLSWPBON.2DA, and any class not listed there gets the default penalty of zero. Since it has class KOBOLD, the commando doesn't have to worry about any penalties.

On the flip side, creatures without a PC class do gain the attack and damage bonuses for specialization and beyond. A standard kobold archer KOBOLDA.CRE (also class KOBOLD) has two points in "Bow proficiency" (the old BG1-style proficiency, rather than the BG2-style proficiencies that player characters can take), so it gets +1 to hit and +2 to damage with its arrows. But not +1/2 attacks per round; only fighters, paladins, and rangers get the APR bonuses. KOBOLDA has to settle for the bow's natural 2 APR.