Multiple EET installations on the same computer -- SOLVED, D'oh!

EDIT:  Solved, forehead-slap worthy user error.
I recently copied my personal EET install onto a laptop for travel. It was a scant 215mb to large for the USB drive I had available, so I removed the Override folder, transferred that, then transferred the rest and rebuilt it on the laptop.

I had forgotten to return the Override folder to its rightful place in my PC personal install.  🤣

"Well, there's yer problem right there, sport."

Original post preserved below for posterity, and to aid in very well deserved mockery I'm sure to follow. Carry on!

-----------------------

I'm currently preparing an EET package for several of my friends who all want to play through BG-EET together.  I ran a successful install with Project Infinity, created a test character, played through to FAI, and was satisfied that everything installed correctly. My plan is to distribute the standalone folder to my friends (who all already own the base games, but are not experienced with modding BG).

To prep for the Co-Op install, I renamed my existing BG1 and BG2 folders -- the products of my personal EET install -- by adding "backup" to the end of the folder names. After the Co-Op install, I renamed the new BG1 and BG2 folders by appending "Co-Op" to them. I then restored the original names of my personal EET install folders. So far so good.

When I launched baldur.exe from my personal install, I am no longer taken to the normal Baldur's Gate load screen, but instead to a Campaign Select screen for BG2, ToB, or Black Pits -- as though this folder is now seen as only a BG2:EE install and not EET.

What did I screw up and how do I fix it?  It sounds like there's an .ini setting or something that got configured somewhere that's interfering with things. I can't find anything, though.  I made no changes to the "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy" folder in Documents, as I saw nothing that looked like it needed changing. Everything worked correctly with my personal install before I prepped the Co-Op one for my friends.

Tellingly, the Co-Op install correctly launches an EET version of the game. Also, the personal install doesn't show any modded game options. SCS's difficulty slider doesn't appear in the game options, and neither do any of the other menu and UI options I modded in. It's like it's a vanilla install.

Edited by Lightbringer