I played with Framed up to after clearing out the catacombs in chapter 5. Up to the point where I was playing the story flow felt natural and I liked doing the catacombs this way much more. I also liked how some of the encounters with monks were adapted, and that Arkanis was on the top level when coming back.

Here's my critique:

-The work order was handed to my PC by Bentley. It came a bit out of nowhere for me. While I totally get that it's a general call for help, having Bentley spreading it makes totally sense, and Bentley probably gave it either to several people coming by or to the PC because they cleared the Nachkel mines seems sensible, too, I would prefer some explanation why Bently hands it out to the PC. Just one sentence with "after clearing the mines, I figure this is a cake walk for you" would totally suffice and would make receiving the work order feel less out of the blue. This is a nitpick, though, and probably just my personal taste.

-Gatewarden lets me in and out right after arrival. While this is convenient for players, I'd think it more realistic if it would only happen after the dungeons are cleared, i.e. after one had the dialogue with Tethtoril that he'll instruct the Warden to let one in again. Because as it is, the Gatewaredn already does it, seemingly without T.'s order.

-I'd like to see some personal words from Tethtoril. It is the first meeting after Gorion was killed and the PC had to leave the keep - and wasn't welcomed into it afterwards. Some words about Gorion's loss, some explanation why they applied the rule to the PC. And after clearing the dungeons, an explanation why, now, the PC is seen as a full member of the library with free access and an own room. For me, it would also make the whole thing feel more complete and bedded into the game's story, and less like a "now we can go back to Candlekeep" tweak.

-With only spiders in the first level of the catacombs, there is no explanation for the piles of corpses on that level. As it is now, my PC asked themselves whether the library she grew up in is doing secret experiments on people and dumbs them there or something. I'm not sure how these could be explained if there is no doppelgangers in this level. In the original game, I thought these were the exchanged people from the doppwlgangers that are already on the grounds. Without them, it's very weird. Unless we just pretend that's how underground catacombs are supposed to look because It's A Dungeon.

-Sarevok's goons don't make any sense at the exit of the cave any more. I see that the encounter was changed so that it could be anybody now, since there is no more reference to him. Is that the intention behind leaving the encounter in? EDIT: wait, I think that's covered because Tethtoril talks about reinforcing the wardens for the secret exit so no unapproved can come in. So it's just people who got in and I need to switch off my meta knowledge here. This makes sense and I like how you changed the encounter to adapt it.

-This lets me add another point: maybe add a way back into the dungeons until reported to Tethtoril. There is no reason why one can't go back if the wards are broken. It would be just one travel trigger that would be deactivated after talking to T. It works the way it is now, too, of course; we all know we can't go back in after leaving.

I will give more feedback when I reached chapter 6.