Bard Stronghold issue fixed, but unable to progress Ranger Stronghold now

Hello, it's me again :D

So upon sucesfully finishing the Cleric, Paladin and Thief Strongholds with respective NPCs (Anomen, Keldorn, Jan), I have decided it was now Haer'Dalis' turn.

I finished his quest, freed him from Mekrath, then freed him again from the Planar Prison and he received the Stronghold without a hitch. He even paid like 10k from my own pocket like its nothing lol.

I am now supposed to be at Event number 7 where the theatre gets invaded by Barbarians.  Haer says he wants to go check up on the theatre, so we go there, but nothing has changed at all. There are no barbarians or anything.

Higgin is still stuck downstairs repeating his previous dialogue: "There's no end of complications, are there." (I know he's supposed to be upstairs for that part where he tells me about the barbarians) and I cannot progress whatsoever.

I checked some variables and the current plot of KishBardQuests seems to be set to 13. However, I don't know any other variables connected to it, or where to look for them. :(

Also wanted to mention that Meck the messenger boy never ever showed up. It's always Haer'Dalis who initiates the dialogue with me and tells me he wants to go there.

Any idea what might be wrong here? And how to unstuck myself from here? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Avallach

Ok, managed to somehow work around it by setting KishBardQuests to 16, which seems to completely skip over the Barbarian event and go straight to waiting for the rehearsal one.

Setting them to 14 or 15 just failed the quest. 

On my way  to do the Ranger Stronghold with Valygar now. I read how buggy it is so I hope I'll luck out and manage to finish it without too much hassle. And then that's gonna be it for NPC Strongholds, since it's the last one on my list for NPCs 😅

Edited by Avallach

Yep, unfortunately, I am having quest-stopping issues with the Ranged stronghold yet again. 😕

Picked Valygar and got to the second part of the questline where Ogrons attack. Delon spawned and alerted me, then we went to the mayor who sent us to the Umar Cave where Madulf and Atta is supposed to be.

However, Madulf and Atta are both still standing outside in ther vanilla spots by the river with the default dialogue, the Umar Cave itself is completely empty and the mayor just keeps looping the same dialogue about sending us to the cave. ("It is a relief to see you, my Lord ranger").  I noticed that the journal doesn't ever update either after his talk?

Here I am actually completely at a loss, since looking through the scripts, I can't quite find any Kish variables matching the vanilla game ranger stronghold entries, so that I could maybe force advance it?

Spawning Atta and Madulf also doesnt help either, and Madulf's dialogue just reverts back to as if we never met before.

Any suggestions on how to progress here? 

All of this is on version 8, btw.

EDIT: Managed to find some connected variables such as "KishValygarRangerStronghold", which is right now set to 2. Setting to 3 or 4 doesn't seem to do anything tho. Feel like I've hit a brick wall here. 😕

Edited by Avallach

Just wanted to post an update that I managed to finish all the stronghold quests and the game too, about a week ago.

I basically had to look up and abuse the console variables like crazy just to get through the Bard and Ranger questline which were just straight up borked. And these were the only two that gave me the most trouble. :D

Phew