RE: Newbie to modding, need help with BG3

Guest sovereign

Guest sovereign

Hello,

I have been playing the Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3) Early Access for over a thousand errors, and I'm starting to want to do a specific set of things to enhance my own experience and then if I can get them right maybe share with the community. An example of the most important thing to me that I'd like to do is change the length of spells instead of lasting 'x' days, to change that x to be a much larger number. I imagine this should be very simple (hopefully just changing a variable somewhere), but am having trouble finding out where to start. I do have some experience (10 years ago) with very basic modding of games from the 90s, and basic programming skills, although not with any common game-based languages, but I could learn what I need to. I'm not really quite sure where to start though, as when I try to search for a number of topics like 'Learn how to mod a game' or 'How to start modding' or 'Learning to mod BG3', I'm only finding a bunch of resource showing how to install mods. I also decided to peruse this forum a bit, but I'm finding tips for accomplishing specific things, but not anything about a starting point.

Basically, I'd love it if anybody could point me to a post, article, or video that can cover a good starting point for a new modder looking to do basic mods for BG3.